Booking UDP on MyNCL in CAD - tax or exchange rate added?

j-9

My booking is in Canadian, so all my on-line pricing is in CAD. Everything on MyNCL shows the Canadian pricing to be at par (OBC, ShoreX, DSC, flowers, etc) except for the UDP.

The UDP is $164, when I go to the details to purchase it, the price is $176.34 CAD. This does not really makes sense as an currency exchange rate (but then again, NCL's currency exchange rates frequently don't make sense lol), so I wondered if it was maybe a tax of some sort? It is a Canary Island sailing out of Barcelona.

Can someone with a "regular" booking on the US site let me know if the price shown is the price charged? I.e. If your price is $119, that is you final price? Even for sailings out of Barcelona as I wonder if the dreaded VAT is somehow coming into play.

Can someone else with a Canadian system booking confirm if UDP is subject to currency exchange rate?

Also I'd love to know if the price is the same onboard, and if the VAT would be charged, as my alternative is to buy OBC at par and then buy the package on board.

Thanks for any info!