Copenhagen transportation

Hello Danish Viking. My wife and I will be arriving in Copenhagen on the Royal Princess on May 12 at ocean Quay, 100 Osterbro, pier # 330-334. The travel summary says arrival at 5 AM but my experience is that debarkation is somewhat later in the morning.

Thanks for any suggestion or recommendations you may offer

Regards

Bill Petree

Sanford, Florida, USA

The easiest but also most expensive way is to take a taxi or cruise shuttle.

But but but.

Instead you take bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads to Østerport station.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200002620000&line_gid=9011200002600000&line_name=26&journey_gid=9025200000048984#navigate

As you can see the first bus departs at 06:06.

If you need to use a elevator you then need to get off the bus at Folke Bernadottes Allé and not Østerport St, Sløjfen because from the backside of the station there are only stairs.

At this map its the one that says 26 Ålholm Plads, The other 26 bus top that says holdeplads (meaning bus stop) is the one without elevators.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

From here you take any train heading for Københavns Lufthavn (airport), Malmö, Göteborg, Kalmar or Kristiansstad.

The trains depart at XX:01, XX:10, XX:21, XX:30, XX:41 and XX:50.

http://dsboresund.dk/files/Dokumenter/koreplan/DSB_OEresund_Mini_10_www_12.2013.pdf

Then you get off at Ørestad (the stop after the central station), Crowne Plaza is the tall black tower across the motorway.

This only costs 24 kroner for a 2 zone ticket.

A taxi will probably be in the 300 kroner range.

Edited by Danish viking

You mentioned about a month ago on a post about an amusement park, that was the oldest in Copenhagen. I have since misplaced that post. Could you please post it again. We will be in Copenhagen on the 12th of May, on the Royal Princess from 5:00am -6:00pm. Also need transportation ideas. We have been to Copenhagen 2 times before, but never have done much. Thank you.

Hello Galelynn, I believe you request for amusement parks should go to Danishviking. He is the authority on Copenhagen. We will be on the same cruise as you and will be spending a few days extra in Copenhagen following the cruise on the royal princess.

Regards

Keysman

Its called Bakken and its not only Copenhagen's oldest, is the oldest in the world.

If you take the bus to Østerport you just take S-train line C to Klampenborg (departure every 10th minute) or Øresundstog toward Nivå and get off at Klampenborg.

This train is much quicker as it has one additional stop and the S-train has 5, but it only goes every 20th minute.

Timetable for bus bus 26 and the Øresundstog is in my post above, the S-train runs all the time so no timetable is needed.

When arriving at Klampenborg Bakken is not yet visible because its located in a forest called Dyrehavsbakken (hence the name Bakken).

Follow the stream of people through the wood until you arrive at Bakken or take a horse carriage ride.

If you are lucky you can spot the deers walking around, I have done so in the past so its not unlikely.

If you want some more detailed info you can get them when I get online.

The website for Bakken is http://www.bakken.dk

Edited by Danish viking

Its called Bakken and its not only Copenhagen's oldest, is the oldest in the world.

If you take the bus to Østerport you just take S-train line C to Klampenborg (departure every 10th minute) or Øresundstog toward Nivå and get off at Klampenborg.

This train is much quicker as it has one additional stop and the S-train has 5, but it only goes every 20th minute.

Timetable for bus bus 26 and the Øresundstog is in my post above, the S-train runs all the time so no timetable is needed.

When arriving at Klampenborg Bakken is not yet visible because its located in a forest called Dyrehavsbakken (hence the name Bakken).

Follow the stream of people through the wood until you arrive at Bakken or take a horse carriage ride.

If you are lucky you can spot the deers walking around, I have done so in the past so its not unlikely.

If you want some more detailed info you can get them when I get online.

The website for Bakken is http://www.bakken.dk

Thank you it sounds wonderful:D

The easiest but also most expensive way is to take a taxi or cruise shuttle.

But but but.

Instead you take bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads to Østerport station.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200002620000&line_gid=9011200002600000&line_name=26&journey_gid=9025200000048984#navigate

As you can see the first bus departs at 06:06.

If you need to use a elevator you then need to get off the bus at Folke Bernadottes Allé and not Østerport St, Sløjfen because from the backside of the station there are only stairs.

At this map its the one that says 26 Ålholm Plads, The other 26 bus top that says holdeplads (meaning bus stop) is the one without elevators.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

From here you take any train heading for Københavns Lufthavn (airport), Malmö, Göteborg, Kalmar or Kristiansstad.

The trains depart at XX:01, XX:10, XX:21, XX:30, XX:41 and XX:50.

http://dsboresund.dk/files/Dokumenter/koreplan/DSB_OEresund_Mini_10_www_12.2013.pdf

Then you get off at Ørestad (the stop after the central station), Crowne Plaza is the tall black tower across the motorway.

This only costs 24 kroner for a 2 zone ticket.

A taxi will probably be in the 300 kroner range.

Hi Danish Viking!

We will be getting off the Royal Princess at Oceankaj on Friday, May 23 and plan to take the 26 Bus to the Hotel Bethel at 22 Nyhavn. What bus stop should we get off at and will it be a street we step off on to or will it be a station where we may have to deal with stairs to exit the building. We will be pulling our luggage.

Thank you for all your advice! I'm so excited to start exploring Copenhagen.

Edited by outgate08

You need to get off at Kongens Nytorv and walk from there.

They are currently building a second metro station at Kongens Nytorv for the City Circle Line so the area is a little bit messy but there are no problems in getting around.

You should be able to locate both places on a map, the bus stops are located on the road that is located next to the current metro station.

I can map it out when I get home from London.

You need to get off at Kongens Nytorv and walk from there.

They are currently building a second metro station at Kongens Nytorv for the City Circle Line so the area is a little bit messy but there are no problems in getting around.

You should be able to locate both places on a map, the bus stops are located on the road that is located next to the current metro station.

I can map it out when I get home from London.

Thank you, Danish Viking. Will we need to use stairs (or hopefully elevator) to exit the area before walking to Nyhavn? Just a little concerned about handling the luggage on stairs.

We will be arriving at Oceankaj and need a taxi to the Best Western City and another one several days later from the hotel to the airport. Do you have an idea about the approximate cost. We have walking issues and can not drag luggage.

Thank you

Thank you, Danish Viking. Will we need to use stairs (or hopefully elevator) to exit the area before walking to Nyhavn? Just a little concerned about handling the luggage on stairs.

No the bus station is at ground level, you do however need to pass a busy road but its regulated by a traffic light.

Edited by Danish viking

We will be arriving at Oceankaj and need a taxi to the Best Western City and another one several days later from the hotel to the airport. Do you have an idea about the approximate cost. We have walking issues and can not drag luggage.

Thank you

I would say 200-250 kroner on each trip, perhaps closer to 300 to the airport if he uses the motorway.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, was wondering if anyone could offer any recommendations or advice. We are looking to book the disney cruise leaving Copenhagen on 6th June 2015. I have had a look at a few hotels and wondered if anyone would recommend the tivoli hotel?

We are two adults one child aged 7. Would this be a good base to visit a few sights? We were thinking tivoli park/gardens and nyhavn. Any recommendations welcome. Also would we be able to get public transport easily from the airport to hotel?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi, was wondering if anyone could offer any recommendations or advice. We are looking to book the disney cruise leaving Copenhagen on 6th June 2015. I have had a look at a few hotels and wondered if anyone would recommend the tivoli hotel?

We are two adults one child aged 7. Would this be a good base to visit a few sights? We were thinking tivoli park/gardens and nyhavn. Any recommendations welcome. Also would we be able to get public transport easily from the airport to hotel?

Many thanks in advance.

Oops meant to start a thread will try and post again! Not very technically minded lol!