Freedom Pre Dry Dock

Just wondering if there was anyone who just got off of Freedom or is currently on Freedom who experienced any lack of service due to her going into drydock this Saturday?

We are looking at going on Pride in October just before she goes into drydock.

Thanks

Im sorry I cant answer your question, but I am just wondering why the crew would give less than their usual service because the ship is going into dry dock.

Do the crew stay on board during those two weeks? If so they only have themselves to look after. If that is the case it would be almost like a vacation.

The only downside I can see is that they dont get their gratuities for those two weeks. Would that be enough to make them sour or less willing to give usual service?

Im just curious and have never really followed threads on dry docks until Freedom's, because I have a cruise booked in Nov on her.

Im sorry I cant answer your question, but I am just wondering why the crew would give less than their usual service because the ship is going into dry dock.

Do the crew stay on board during those two weeks? If so they only have themselves to look after. If that is the case it would be almost like a vacation.

The only downside I can see is that they dont get their gratuities for those two weeks. Would that be enough to make them sour or less willing to give usual service?

Im just curious and have never really followed threads on dry docks until Freedom's, because I have a cruise booked in Nov on her.

Sometimes they commence work early and it can be a bit disruptive on the last cruise before drydock. Some venues may start being shut down early as well. It's usually not a huge deal, but some things may be noticeable.

I was on the last 8 day cruise on the freedom, 5-13th. Very little of signs of a prep for the dry dock, most of the crew was talking about working and spending their time at Freeport. I took the Behind the Scenes tour and it became very obvious that there was a full effort to do the dry dock. Lots of workers milling about, a lot of supplies of replacement equipment in the holds. The last two days at sea the stage was under going some work. The last day while debarking the arcade game area was being stripped, I am not sure if they were doing a one day rehab of the area or not. As I walked around the tour there where miles of wiring and cables being replaced. We pulled into St Thomas at midnight and they did some testing that lasted till 8ish, before the passengers were permitted to get off the ship. Until I took the Behind the scenes tour I would say I saw little interruption of service or venues on the ship. With that said going into the crew area, it was a beehive of activity. While not trying to blow smoke here, it was quite impressive how well the work that was being done went unnoticed