Imagination - Circle C vs. Club O2

Can someone who has had kids in both programs share some of the practical differences and why their kids liked one or the other? How are the activities different? Is there a better source for details on these programs besides the Carnival website? Their information is pretty sparse.

We will be on the Imagination for a 3-day baja cruise less than 2 weeks before my son's 15th birthday. When I booked the cruise, the rep said they might allow him to go to Club O2 since it was so close, but that it would be at the discretion of the ship staff. I'd like to have a good idea if that's even the better choice for him before we go so we know if we should even try to get them to make an exception.

We traveled in December 2012 with my son, who was 18 and his friend who was 17. Technically he had aged out of the 02 club. We talked to the woman in charge and she allowed him to participate anyway (his birthday was the end of October) So it is certainly possible.

The difference is that there are more planned activities with Circle C than 02, though there are a some. A lot of the 02 is just the kids hanging out together. Our daughter was in Circle C at the time.

Our girls were in both programs on the Paradise and Elation when they were still on the West Coast.

Both clubs have similar activities. For our DDs we found Club 02 was more of a meet and hang out somewhere else on the ship together rather stay in the club area. Both clubs allow the kids to sign themselves out and/or just come and go.

Do not remember if there was an excursion available for the Circle C kids but they offer the horseback riding excursion in Club 02.

As far as which was better? For the DDs it really depended on the mix of kids rather than the activities provided. They had the best time when there were only four of them in the club. The worst was when they saw tons of kids the first night. Cheerleaders and Football players from the same HS as our band kids, lol.