Booked Rony's Tours...Any places we shouldnt miss?

megb123

I will be in Roatan in August and have booked Rony's Tours, We want to see the whole island privately. Any ideas on places that we shouldn't miss, or where to eat lunch. We plan on stoping at the money place, orphanage, beach (which is the best for snorkeling). I have never been to Roatan before so any advise would be greatly appreciated!

IMO West Bay has the best beach snorkeling, around Tabyana...We have done private tours there several times. We thought Half Moon Bay resort was great for lunch..It is at West End, not too far from West Bay..We toured the East end on one trip, much less traveled, and completely different, but it is hard to see both ends in the same trip. If you would like a beer, have your driver stop at a convenience store where a Port Royal or Salva Vida are about $1.There are a lot of scenic photo stops that your driver will know well...Here is a shot of West Bay and one on the east side near Oakridge..The photo in my signature is a mangrove tunnel tour we did once. That was fun. Enjoy Roatan..:)

SANY2345.jpg

pic host

SANY1878.jpg

pictures upload

Thank you for the advise!!! Does anyone know what the name of the restaurant that ronys family owned? We marked down to go there (do we just stop in for a drink or do we eat lunch there, is the food any good??)