waitlist experiences

selma

For those that have waitlisted starerooms before; what are your experiences? How "proof" is the system, i.e. if the small wonder does happen wil the system automatically pick it up and put my waitlist through or should I still keep an active eye out on the website?

I'm booked on a 14 night cruise on the Rotterdam to Spain and Portugal, at the moment in an inside accessible stateroom. I'm also booked on a 14 night Norway cruise on the Rotterdam right before in a lanai accessible stateroom. I'm planning to make it a consequetive 28 nights onboard.

The combination of a recent price drop and confirmation that indeed my much needed new powerchair will not be available for this cruise (bureaucracy or should one say bureaucrazy....) resulting in me being stuck onboard and in the stateroom much much more as a result, made me decide it would be very much worth it not to move to an inside but do 28 days lanai. As could be expected at this point in time, all accessible staterooms are currently booked on that sailing. Took me some asking round to get an agent to look into things but sure enough; they do waitlist. So he put me on it. Got a confirmation form of it indeed being done.

We're still more than 90 days out, keeping my fingers crossed perhaps a switch could still be made by someone freeing up. With only 2 of these staterooms onboard I know odds aren't huge, but it beats not trying. Just wondering if indeed a cancellation does happen, the waitlist goes through automatically or if there is a chance the stateroom might end up open for "grabs" and needing to keep an eye open for it.

If it makes any difference; these days are offered in multiple itineraries. Simply put these four weeks are offered in the following options;

- week one and 2 are bookable per seperate week

- weeks 1 and 2 are bookable as collectors voyage

- week 3 and 4 is one itinerary

- weeks 2, 3 and 4 are bookable as a collectors voyage

All 4 weeks are not bookable as one itinerary, nor are there any itineraries after week 4 that combine with week 4.

Also does it have any influence that I am fine with (and am) waitlisting for both lanai accessible staterooms onboard instead of just one specific one number? I've already got 3333 for the first 2 weeks and decided if 3331 opens up for weeks 3+4 moving one door down is still better than one deck down and loosing the window and option to get right out on deck.

You should keep your eyes on the website. We have had better luck doing that then with Hal following thru. You always need to be proactive.

Be flexable with your cabin choice also.

We just booked 2 cruise back to back and then added on a repositioning cruise that was a guarentee. We knew we could end up in a different cabin but Hal for once was paying attention and we have the same cabin for all cruises.

I wish you luck.

Was afraid I have to be watching it myself.

Wish I could be flexible with stateroom but with my needs very few of the accessible ones we can make work. Itll either be the current accessible inside Ive got booked or one of the 2 accessible lanai if luck happens.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I8190 met Tapatalk