Kenai Fjords or Prince William Glaciers

cheerfulkim

We are spending a day in Anchorage before starting the land portion (on your own) of our Princess Cruise. My husband is going to do a fishing charter, and I am deciding between the 26 Glacier Cruise out of Whittier and the Kenai Fjords Tour out of Seaward. With either, I will be doing a round trip coach from either our hotel or the convention center (depending on which I choose). This is our third trip to Alaska, the first two being round trip cruises out of Seattle. I have seen glaciers, but what I really want to see is wildlife. The trip to Seaward for the Kenai Fjords trip is a bit farther, but I'm thinking I'll have a better chance at seeing wildlife. I can't decide, and I'm hoping that I can get some advice on this!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

We are spending a day in Anchorage before starting the land portion (on your own) of our Princess Cruise. My husband is going to do a fishing charter, and I am deciding between the 26 Glacier Cruise out of Whittier and the Kenai Fjords Tour out of Seaward. With either, I will be doing a round trip coach from either our hotel or the convention center (depending on which I choose). This is our third trip to Alaska, the first two being round trip cruises out of Seattle. I have seen glaciers, but what I really want to see is wildlife. The trip to Seaward for the Kenai Fjords trip is a bit farther, but I'm thinking I'll have a better chance at seeing wildlife. I can't decide, and I'm hoping that I can get some advice on this!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

As you stated, the trip to Seward is further but the focus is more on wildlife.

Wife and I took a whale watch trip last Sunday and saw six humpback whales and plenty of bird life within Resurrection Bay. You'll enhance your chances by taking the longer national park trips that go even further into the park.

It is Seward.

Kenai Fjords is your choice for varied wildlife, not Prince William Sound.

But, it's a grueling day trip, which I never consider.

Take precautions if even remotely prone to any motion sickness. You are going to hit rough water 99% of the time at some point.

Don't consider any boat tour less than 6 hours on the water.