Split, Croatia

My family (6 of us in total) are traveling on Seranade in October, calling on Slipt as a port. I have been doing some research about this port and what we should put on our list to see. I know Diocletian Palace and Trogir Town. Is this something we could do on our own? Should we hire a private tour excursion? Or, use the ship trip? We are docked at 8 am (probably clearing around 9:00 or so) and leave at 5 pm (have to be back by 4 PM). :)Thanks for any help.

Hi Marianna.

Visited Split in 2012 whilst on the Norwegian Jade.

Caught the tender from the ship to the Pier which was absolutely beautiful. Caught a local bus from the pier and went to TROGIR. It was about half an hour from memory on the bus and when we arrived at Trogir it was without doubt the most spectacular place I have visited with my wife.

We just walked around the alleyways and onto the waterside and had lunch at this beautiful restaurant on the water.

Trogir is a special place, not to be missed.

If you guys gets there, you wont be sorry.

Enjoy.

Regards Bob & Christine.:)

Hi Marianna.

Visited Split in 2012 whilst on the Norwegian Jade.

Caught the tender from the ship to the Pier which was absolutely beautiful. Caught a local bus from the pier and went to TROGIR. It was about half an hour from memory on the bus and when we arrived at Trogir it was without doubt the most spectacular place I have visited with my wife.

We just walked around the alleyways and onto the waterside and had lunch at this beautiful restaurant on the water.

Trogir is a special place, not to be missed.

If you guys gets there, you wont be sorry.

Enjoy.

Regards Bob & Christine.:)

Hi Bob & Christine,

It sounds delightful. What was your method of payment for the local bus? They are not on Euros there are they? Thanks.

BTW do you recall where the restaurant was. :)

Hi Marianna.

Cant recall how we paid for the bus. I am not positive if we changed some money to local money at the pier and paid or we paid in Euros, but I really cant recall. It was one or the other.

The restaurant name I don't remember either.

If you walk out onto the water side of the town there is a number of restaurants which run up and down the waterside. I remember we had a very very delicious pizza and a large plate of Calamari. It was sensational. However, all of the restaurants looked really good as many had their menus out the front.

Trogir is a very special place. You should love it.

Sorry cant be more helpful.

Cheers Bob.:o

My family (6 of us in total) are traveling on Seranade in October, calling on Slipt as a port. I have been doing some research about this port and what we should put on our list to see. I know Diocletian Palace and Trogir Town. Is this something we could do on our own? Should we hire a private tour excursion? Or, use the ship trip? We are docked at 8 am (probably clearing around 9:00 or so) and leave at 5 pm (have to be back by 4 PM). :)Thanks for any help.

Whether you dock at the cruise terminal or come ashore by tender boat, the center of Split is never far away. As soon as you arrive in the harbor you can already see the tower of the cathedral. Walk there and you are soon in the walled historic center, where you can also find the Tourist Office.A visit to the historic town of Split is an absolute must. In itself, the center is not very big, so expect 2-3 hours for your visit.

The historic center of Trogir, about 35 km from Split, is located on a small island between the mainland and the island of Ciovo. Trogir is the best-preserved Romanesque-Gothic complex in Europe. The city walls, mansions, Venetian towers and palaces make this city one of the richest cultural cities.

There is a regular public bus N° 37 between Split and Trogir, but the best option is a coach. You can take it at the bus terminal opposite the cruise terminal. The coach rides from Split and makes a stop in Trogir. The ride is much more comfortable then by public bus and it takes less than 30 minutes. A ticket can be purchased at the counter next to the bus station and costs 20-26 kn per person (one way). The buses run almost every 30 minutes.

Departures from Split

Arrivals to Split

Bus station split - https://maps.google.hr/maps?saddr=43.503858,16.442589&hl=hr&ll=43.503538,16.442617&spn=0.004078,0.009291&sll=43.504001,16.442767&sspn=0.002023,0.004646&dirflg=w&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=18&t=m&z=17

Bus station Trogir - https://maps.google.hr/maps?saddr=43.518482,16.25108&hl=hr&ll=43.518245,16.251419&spn=0.008154,0.018582&sll=43.518477,16.251253&sspn=0.001019,0.002323&dirflg=w&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=19&t=m&z=16

I hope that helps

Whether you dock at the cruise terminal or come ashore by tender boat, the center of Split is never far away. As soon as you arrive in the harbor you can already see the tower of the cathedral. Walk there and you are soon in the walled historic center, where you can also find the Tourist Office.A visit to the historic town of Split is an absolute must. In itself, the center is not very big, so expect 2-3 hours for your visit.

The historic center of Trogir, about 35 km from Split, is located on a small island between the mainland and the island of Ciovo. Trogir is the best-preserved Romanesque-Gothic complex in Europe. The city walls, mansions, Venetian towers and palaces make this city one of the richest cultural cities.

There is a regular public bus N° 37 between Split and Trogir, but the best option is a coach. You can take it at the bus terminal opposite the cruise terminal. The coach rides from Split and makes a stop in Trogir. The ride is much more comfortable then by public bus and it takes less than 30 minutes. A ticket can be purchased at the counter next to the bus station and costs 20-26 kn per person (one way). The buses run almost every 30 minutes.

Departures from Split

Arrivals to Split

Bus station split - https://maps.google.hr/maps?saddr=43.503858,16.442589&hl=hr&ll=43.503538,16.442617&spn=0.004078,0.009291&sll=43.504001,16.442767&sspn=0.002023,0.004646&dirflg=w&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=18&t=m&z=17

Bus station Trogir - https://maps.google.hr/maps?saddr=43.518482,16.25108&hl=hr&ll=43.518245,16.251419&spn=0.008154,0.018582&sll=43.518477,16.251253&sspn=0.001019,0.002323&dirflg=w&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=19&t=m&z=16

I hope that helps

Thank you very much for the information. We will follow the advice posted here. My only question is what form of payment for the coach bus (cash, credit card) and can we buy a round trip? :)

Thank you very much for the information. We will follow the advice posted here. My only question is what form of payment for the coach bus (cash, credit card) and can we buy a round trip? :)

Payment for the bus is only in domestic cash (HRK - kuna ) and You can not buy a round trip.