Horseshoe Bay and Crystal Caves same day?

JandKMom

We will be docking in Bermuda for three days. I would like to visit Horseshoe Bay and also the Crystal Caves. Is it possible to so this the same day? We have other things planned for the other two days, so if we could do this all the day we dock, it would be great. I understand we need to take the number 7 bus from the dockyards to get to Horseshoe Bay and to get to the Crystal Caves it involves a ferry to Hamilton and another bus. My thoughts are to go to Horseshoe Bay first thing in themorning by bus, stay for a couple hours, come back for lunch on the ship, then head out to the Caves in the afternoon. Is this doable? How long will the public transportation take? We have a 6:00 pm seating for dinner, so I want to make sure we are back in time for dinner, as other members of our party would be doing something different that day and this is our time to meet up again. We could also skip lunch on the ship and go straight from Horseshoe Bay to the Caves, but I don't know if that is possible.

I would nix the idea of returning to the cruise ship for lunch. In doing that you would be wasting too much time in travel and waiting.

You could eat a burger at the concession stand at Horseshoe Bay. If you don't want to do that then across from the access road to HSB is a restaurent, Tio Pepe. Well, I just found out that TP has closed and has a new name, Gulfstream, and new management. Here is the RG article.

Another choice for lunch would be Swizzle, South Shore which is about 2 miles from HSB. You could get there by taking an inbound route #7 bus.

Whether you lunch near the beach or not, you would take an inbound route #7 bus into Hamilton where there are more restaurants.

From the Hamilton bus terminal, you could get a route #10 or #11 bus to the caves where you'll be dropped in front of the original Swizzle Inn. From there, it is about a ¼ mile walk to the caves. I think the last tour starts at 4:30PM.

When done at the caves, take any inbound bus to Hamilton. From the Hamilton ferry terminal, take the ferry to the Dockyard. To make a 6:00PM seating, you'll have to be on the ferry that deaparts Hamilton at 5:00PM.

Approximate travel times, HSB > Hamilton, 30 minutes, Hamilton <> caves, 30 minutes, and Hamilton > Dockyard, 20 minutes.

You will have to figure out how much time you can spend at the beach and whether you can tour both caves (about 45 minutes each).

Some random thoughts. You might consider doing this in reverse since the beach closes at sunset. Having a fixed dinner time is a choking point, JMHO.

SBtS

Well, I spoke to my family and my son said he would be more interested in seeing St. George's than the Crystal Caves. Go figure. So now, my new plan s Horseshoe Bay first thing in the morning before it gets crowded and then St Georges in the afternoon. I figure we would take bus 7 to Horseshoe Bay. I know there are ferries between the Dockyards and St Georges so I wonder f it just makes sense to come back to the ship after the beach and catch a ferry, or if there is a better way to get to St. Georges from the beach and then ferry back. Not sure if I should start a new thread, but I figured that SailBadtheSailor answered my previous questions might see this and be able to help! Or someone else! Thanks so much!

Hi Crazy, I actually reposted on a new thread Horseshoe Bay and St. George's same day - logistics. I have since decided to do St. Georges and Tobacco Beach one day and possibly Crystal Caves, Horseshoe Bay on another day. On a third day we have a day pass to Coco Reef Resort ($59 pp includes lunch and a glass of wine plus use of the beach and pool)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...