NCL Pearl Arcade/Splash Academy

cruisincarly

Hi! We're sailing on the Pearl in a couple days with our 5 year old. We've sailed on NCL before on the Spirit, where the arcade was not located near the kids club, and, in fact, we didn't discover it until late in the cruise. I see that on the Pearl, the arcade is adjacent to Splash Academy. Our son is good at limiting himself with video games, but he needs clear guidelines before going in. I'm trying to figure out what kind of "preparation" is necessary for him. So, I have three questions about the arcade:

(1) Will the kids be permitted into the arcade while they're in Splash Academy?

(2) How visible (& therefore enticing) is the arcade when dropping off at Splash Academy?

(3) Is there a way to put a limited amount of money onto my child's card so he can play just a couple games at a time?

Thanks!

Splash Academy does not take the kids into the arcade.

On NCL kids can either charge or not, there's no way that I'm aware of to set a daily limit.

There were quite a few teenagers in there on my last few cruises and I wouldn't let my kids in there without adult supervision.

Splash Academy does not take the kids into the arcade.

On NCL kids can either charge or not, there's no way that I'm aware of to set a daily limit.

There were quite a few teenagers in there on my last few cruises and I wouldn't let my kids in there without adult supervision.

That's good to hear about Splash Academy.

Yeah, no way I'd let my little kid in an arcade without adult supervision. That wasn't the issue! Heh.

What does the entry into the arcade look like? Is it very obvious while walking by to a kid who can't read that it's an arcade?

I had to double check with my wife (who's also been on Gem) the entrance is near the kids club but not super obvious. It's sort of off to the side down a walkway towards the teen area.

Also the games are not cheap $1.50-$5 per game :eek: