See & Sea Excursion in Aruba

theseas4me

We took this excursion three weeks ago through the Dawn Princess. We started out at Casibari rock formations and then went to the Natural Bridge. From there to the beach, if I remember right. The semi-submersible has a tender from the beach out to the semi. Once on board, you circle the wreck of a German ship and then visit a reef area. It was a nice excursion, but not one I would repeat now that I've done it. Hope this helps!!

Sue

Dawn Princess - Panama Canal - April 2004

Trying for Island Princess - Alaska - August 2005

I think we expected to see more sea life than we did. Basically you are in the bottom of a glass bottom boat with portholes instead of windows. You cruise around the wreck of the Anguilla in an area with lots of snorkelers and then go over to a nearby reef for a few minutes. I enjoyed Casibari and the Natural Bridge, which were also included in that tour, but now that we've done it, just don't feel the need to do the semi-sub again for the amount of money the ship charges... Hope that helps!

Sue

Sorry, I forgot to answer the second part of your post. We had friends who rented a Jeep and toured the island on their own. They said they got lost a couple of times, but the local people were very helpful and gave them directions. They did the California Lighthouse (which we did do - lots of people on the ATV tour there!), Baby Beach, Natural Bridge, Palm Beach, and back downtown. They had dinner and went to Carlos and Charlie's, which is close to the pier. We finished the day shopping at the Diamonds International Outlet which is just outside the gate to the pier area. The shopping area there is definitely worth checking out if you are interested in shopping.

Sue

Archived