It finally happened, I got a price drop!!

I never expected it because I booked an Aft Extended Balcony, and since there are so few to begin with, I rarely see a price drop.

But this morning, just for kicks, I did a dummy booking for my Aug. 11 cruise on Freedom, and guess what, $100 price drop for me!!!!YAY, it's the first time ever!!:eek:

Since it wasn't yet time for final payment to be due, they simply adjusted my amount due to $100 less. So excited!! The way I look at it, the price drop paid for my FTTF and left me with a bit to spare!!!:D

Check your bookings people, you never know!!:)

I never expected it because I booked an Aft Extended Balcony, and since there are so few to begin with, I rarely see a price drop.

But this morning, just for kicks, I did a dummy booking for my Aug. 11 cruise on Freedom, and guess what, $100 price drop for me!!!!YAY, it's the first time ever!!:eek:

Since it wasn't yet time for final payment to be due, they simply adjusted my amount due to $100 less. So excited!! The way I look at it, the price drop paid for my FTTF and left me with a bit to spare!!!:D

Check your bookings people, you never know!!:)

Thank you for sharing. Going to go check my booking as we booked an aft extended balcony as well. Our sailing isn't until sept but ya never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you for sharing. Going to go check my booking as we booked an aft extended balcony as well. Our sailing isn't until sept but ya never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You should totally check!!On my sailing there are still 3 Aft Extended available, and we're still about 45 days before final payment, and they still did a drop, so I have no idea why they did it, but go check!!:D

where does it show up on your booking? I submitted the form yesterday.

I didn't submit a form, I just called and the lady changed the rate and emailed me a new confirmation showing the new rate. I also checked online in "manage my booking" and printed that out as well.:)

So far I have been able to score almost $1,400 of OBC for our group of 9. This is my first cruise and I would not have known to call if it hadn't been for this website. It is such a great thing that Carnival does. I am sailing June 14th. I hope you have a great first cruise!!!! :D

It pays to call. I didn't see another price drop, but I called anyway. The Carnival rep double checked all of her resources and said I have the lowest rate right now for our booking. We had chatted a little bit while she looked and asked if we like strawberries and wine. I had told her we are celebrating our 25th anniversary so she set us up with chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of wine!

I would like to contribute to this thread:D

We booked in February, for a July cruise.

2 adults and a 15 year old in a Lido Balcony.

Booking price = 4220

Price today = 2770

We have had over $1500 in price drops:D:D

We booked on a promo that had the $50pp deposit

Final not due until 30 days prior.

LOVING this!!!!!!! 2 weeks til final is due.

Hoping for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

I would like to contribute to this thread:D

We booked in February, for a July cruise.

2 adults and a 15 year old in a Lido Balcony.

Booking price = 4220

Price today = 2770

We have had over $1500 in price drops:D:D

We booked on a promo that had the $50pp deposit

Final not due until 30 days prior.

LOVING this!!!!!!! 2 weeks til final is due.

Hoping for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Thanks! I believe it was due to you that I got my first price drop!!!

I am no expert as I just booked my first cruise, but I booked under a promotion with early saver benefits. I can't remember what it was called exactly. But at the time of booking I was told we'd get price protection and we had an assigned oceanview cabin. The first time I checked the rates with my PvP she said that our rate hadn't dropped much to make it worth the adjustment. Instead she upgraded us to a guaranteed balcony as the price for that type had dropped. I had her check again this week and the price for the guaranteed balcony dropped significantly, but our cabin had already been assigned at this point. I'm not sure what strings she pulled but she managed to get us back to an unassigned balcony so that we could take advantage of the lower rate...later on that day I check my cruise manager online and we ended up back in the same cabin anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

We have a balcony cabin on the freedom this August and our price dropped $600! My TA did the price adjustment for us yesterday and we are so happy! Everyone should check their prices, the upgrade your summer sale is awesome and doesn't end until May 26th. :D

Thank you very much! My 1st price drop on the Breeze for August.... I keep checking everyday and nothing and I just check thanks to your post and I got almost $100.. Not too much but it's better than no price drop.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Awwwwww!!!!!:D

That makes me so happy!:D

Congrats!!!!

Hoping for more!

Good LUCK!!!!:D

Thanks so much and Congrats to you as well that is a great savings with possibly more to come!!!

I wanted so badly to do the same sailing as you but on July 19th but the price difference was just too high at the time:(

Thats a beautiful itinerary hope you let us know how it goes!!

I never thought we would see price drops cruising out of NY in August, but so far I've saved $210 on our aft-extended balcony, and $110 on our inside cabin. I'm surprised how many empty cabins are still around us with 73 or so days to go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums