QM2 Health Suite

rula40

Can anyone give me some advice on the Health suite on the QM2? My wife is a keep fit strong.gif fan and goes to the sports centre 3/4 times a week I only use the sauna facilities due to numerous car accidents, occupational hazards, and in general gradual deterioration. I would like to try and work off the anticipated excessive food and alcohol consumption but know my limitations. Is there a personal trainer facility? or is there anyone in the gym who would be able to assess and advise??

Phil

Hi Phil

I would imagine that there is a personal trainer available. He will be able to go through a programme with you. You certainly will need it on a cruise!! Hubby says it's more the alcohol than the food intake!!!! Personally I like both as much as each other!!!!

As long as you know your limits gym wise and listen to your body and either slow down or stop when your body tells you to!! I have had a problem with my right knee and foot over the past few weeks, just when I was getting into a good routine ready for our trip. 25 days of food and alcohol we certainly will have no option!! So I have had to alter my routine and I have been walking (yes one of those guys in the gym that walks on the treadmill!!!) instead of running which I have to admit to much preferring!! I have had to listen to my body telling me to slow down!! Still I guess we will have plenty of time for the gym on the crossing. I will try and go before dinner so that I am hot and sweaty ready for my shower for the evening!! I'm sure this time is quite popular.

I believe that the machines have a built in TV screen. Does anyone who has already been know if this is correct???

Elaine

Thanks Elaine, I will no doubt be like your other half. Alcohol then food then alcohol.. Why not I'm on my hols!,

My wife will be wanting me to learn another dance routine so I will have that to look forwrd to, I don't think so!

Phil;)

Thanks Elaine, I will no doubt be like your other half. Alcohol then food then alcohol.. Why not I'm on my hols!,

My wife will be wanting me to learn another dance routine so I will have that to look forwrd to, I don't think so!

Phil;)

Hey Phil

We tried the dance lessons, but hubby being 6ft and me being 5ft just didn't work. He took too bigger stride for my little legs to keep up!! Even the dance instructor had a go at him and told him to take smaller steps, but he just said I had to take bigger ones!!!!!! Wonder if we could persuade our 19 year old son to partner his sister so she can learn to dance properly!! Somehow I reckon not!!!!! Her and I could go but then we would be fighting over who was the man!!!!! Will I get to learn to dance this coming trip!! Maybe!!!!!!! What trip are you doing on QM2??

Elaine

We are leaving Southampton on 27th Aug to NY and back to Southampton. My wife did manage to get me to attend Salsa lessons for a few weeks, but I refused to join her on Line Dancing, all that "YEE HA" and thigh slapping was just too much,:eek:.

We will be attending some of the dance lessons, but I will have to have a drink prior to each lesson. (to ease the joints);)

Archived