RCL email with specific boarding for Galveston

Yesterday I received an email from RCL stating that they have arrival times they request for the Galveston port based upon the deck your room is on. This is completely new to me! Upper decks are requested to arrive first. What if you are on an upper deck, but your arrival flight is later and you won't be able to board early like requested.....and vice/versa.

Would have planned things differently if I had known about these boarding times in Galveston....didn't see anything about it on the forums or on RCL's website or documentation.

How restrictive are they on boarding?

Yesterday I received an email from RCL stating that they have arrival times they request for the Galveston port based upon the deck your room is on. This is completely new to me! Upper decks are requested to arrive first. What if you are on an upper deck, but your arrival flight is later and you won't be able to board early like requested.....and vice/versa.

Would have planned things differently if I had known about these boarding times in Galveston....didn't see anything about it on the forums or on RCL's website or documentation.

How restrictive are they on boarding?

The times are suggestions.....like the dress code. Arrive at your time. Some folks will follow the instructions but others can not so what ever you need to do will be OK. Enjoy :).

We love NV but Galveston really gets backed up sometimes.

I just shake my head when I think of Galveston. We sail out of there almost yearly as we live in Texas. It is the most disorganized terminal I have ever experienced. I have sailed out of many European Ports as well as Florida Ports, California Ports, Canadian ports and Puerto Rico many times.

All the Terminals at all Ports other than Galveston seem to have it together. What is the deal? Spend the money to make it work!!! It is embarrassing, as a Texan to have the Port function the way it does.

We only go from Galveston and I know once you reach Platinum it is somewhat better, and although I really do not like Carnival, they have Royal beat as far as platinum is concerned. We were on the ,yuck,Magic in March and were onboard in 15 minutes, security and all.Maybe the upcoming renew of the RCCL terminal will help...The traffic in front of the terminal is the other issue.Bad !

I just shake my head when I think of Galveston. We sail out of there almost yearly as we live in Texas. It is the most disorganized terminal I have ever experienced. I have sailed out of many European Ports as well as Florida Ports, California Ports, Canadian ports and Puerto Rico many times.

All the Terminals at all Ports other than Galveston seem to have it together. What is the deal? Spend the money to make it work!!! It is embarrassing, as a Texan to have the Port function the way it does.