Carnival island breeze wedding in Montego Bay ?

Hi all! Does anyone know the beach site that is used in Montego Bay for the carnival cruise weddings? I'm having the hardest time finding anything or anyone that has married there through carnival and would love to see pictures before I make a final decision!

Also, if anyone has done an island breeze wedding through carnival I'd love to read your review and see pics if you're willing to share! I'm also considering grand cayman, key west, and lastly Cozumel because those are the only available ports in the cruises I'm considering.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

My niece is getting married in October. We haven't been able to find out a whole either. I do know that the resort they told her would be Saturi....I'm not sure of the spelling. But, it is something like that.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I got married on Carnival Breeze this past New Year's Eve in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. It was a great experience. It wasn't Montego Bay, but I've heard the two in Jamaica are similar. We had to do a "traditional Jamaican ceremony" with the cake and champagne that was fun and interesting. Overall, Carnival did a great job, and we were thrilled with our wedding!! Feel free to ask any specific questions. I highly recommend a cruise/beach wedding! =)

• 10 months later...
I got married on Carnival Breeze this past New Year's Eve in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. It was a great experience. It wasn't Montego Bay, but I've heard the two in Jamaica are similar. We had to do a "traditional Jamaican ceremony" with the cake and champagne that was fun and interesting. Overall, Carnival did a great job, and we were thrilled with our wedding!! Feel free to ask any specific questions. I highly recommend a cruise/beach wedding! =)

Hi life_dizzy,

Thanks for the review. I also read your detailed review here and it was very helpful.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=258054

I am planning to get married May 2016 at Ocho Rios (either beach site or Shaw Park) and want to go through Carnival Breeze. Only thing I am worried about is the photographer and the quality of photographs. I have read mixed reviews and mostly negative.

Would you please share some pics that your got through Carnival?

Did they take pre wedding pictures of bride and groom, getting ready with the wedding party etc ? How about reception pictures? How were the decorations for the wedding site and reception? Did they provide a videographer for ceremony and reception?

Oh and how about makeup hair artists? Did they have that on board?

Thanks in advance for your help!

jdb

Edited by jdbhatt

Hi life_dizzy,

Thanks for the review. I also read your detailed review here and it was very helpful.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=258054

I am planning to get married May 2016 at Ocho Rios (either beach site or Shaw Park) and want to go through Carnival Breeze. Only thing I am worried about is the photographer and the quality of photographs. I have read mixed reviews and mostly negative.

Would you please share some pics that your got through Carnival?

Did they take pre wedding pictures of bride and groom, getting ready with the wedding party etc ? How about reception pictures? How were the decorations for the wedding site and reception? Did they provide a videographer for ceremony and reception?

Oh and how about makeup hair artists? Did they have that on board?

Thanks in advance for your help!

jdb

Here is a link to some photos:

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/HaleyJane26/library/

Most of the wedding ones on this site were taken by Carnival, but not all of them. They did pre-wedding pics of ME getting ready, but not the groom. I did not have a reception, but they allowed me to take pictures after the wedding on the beach AND back on the ship. The ceremony decorations were done through a 3rd party vendor. The color was not exactly as I had specified, but we were happy with it. I had picked out a photo and sent them for the chair covers and alter, and they did it exactly as I had specified. They were a little hard to get hold of, but they always called me back in a timely manner. There was an option for a videographer with Carnival, but we could not afford that expense. I know you can also just go straight through the 3rd party for everything and it would be a little cheaper. However, for me, it was not worth the hassle or worry!! Also, Carnival got with me during the cruise twice before the ceremony to square away details and times to meet up and explain the process.

I did my own hair and makeup. I believe there was some information in the package about paying for them to do it, but I am not sure. You could also contact the salon on board to see what their prices would be for a trial and day-of option.

The photographer followed me from getting ready until we were completely done. They did a few candid photos, as well as directed photos. They printed most of the photos, then we chose what we wanted to buy. Not sure when you are getting married (beginning or end), but since we waited until the last day to purchase the photos, they gave us a big discount.

Feel free to ask me any more questions!