transportation options from Rome to Civitavecchia?

Other than the train (may be too big a hassle with luggage) what is the cost of transportation from Rome to Civitavecchia? In the past we've always shared expenses with at least one other couple and hired a driver etc. but this time it will be just 2 of us. What would cab fare be?

Suggestions appreciated!

Other than the train (may be too big a hassle with luggage) what is the cost of transportation from Rome to Civitavecchia? In the past we've always shared expenses with at least one other couple and hired a driver etc. but this time it will be just 2 of us. What would cab fare be?

Suggestions appreciated!

I do not know what a cab fare would be as I have never come in from the port,but will be doing so this Sept.,and after checking it all out as it is just DH and I we are using romeshutllelimo for 110€ which I thought was ok IMHO of course.We will just be coming off a cruise as well and though we use the train system in Italy I did not feel this was the time.Here is a link..they replies back very quickly and one is asked to prepay using them outside of Rome by their PayPal account.I am sure you will get other replies,but hope this helps.

Rome Taxi Shuttle Limousine, first class car service in Rome

email is info@romeshuttlelimousine.com

I do not know what a cab fare would be as I have never come in from the port,but will be doing so this Sept.,and after checking it all out as it is just DH and I we are using romeshutllelimo for 110€ which I thought was ok IMHO of course.We will just be coming off a cruise as well and though we use the train system in Italy I did not feel this was the time.Here is a link..they replies back very quickly and one is asked to prepay using them outside of Rome by their PayPal account.I am sure you will get other replies,but hope this helps.

Rome Taxi Shuttle Limousine, first class car service in Rome

email is info@romeshuttlelimousine.com

Karen that sounds pretty reasonable.. I recall our last transfer from Civitavecchia to Rome airport at something more like 175EU.. although split by 2 ( couples) so yours sounds like a very good deal!

Have you use them before? I am not keen about pre-paying anyone for transfers although a credit card guarantee is okay.. so was curious about that..

(prepayment)..

Karen that sounds pretty reasonable.. I recall our last transfer from Civitavecchia to Rome airport at something more like 175EU.. although split by 2 ( couples) so yours sounds like a very good deal!

Have you use them before? I am not keen about pre-paying anyone for transfers although a credit card guarantee is okay.. so was curious about that..

(prepayment)..

Claudia,

I checked them all out,and although he was not the cheapest(by 5/10€)..there was another service who was 150€ for same trip.Have not used them before as we generally fly into Rome,but have seen good reports and they were quick to reply.I am not thrilled to prepay,but it is on their PayPal by my CC,and they only do this for trips from outside of Rome..I think they have been left high and dry before so I can understand this and I don't mind.We are using them to go the airport later in the week and no need to prepay,and I think we are using them to take us to Montalcino as DH needs to check out wine and it beats the hassle of renting a car.If anything bad happens there is always a cab and I would have recourse on PayPal,but I am going to assume all will be just fine.

I will be using stefano from romecabs in october. i read about him in cruise critic and he has been very easy to work with and competitive in pricing. i am using him from airport to hotel on oct 15 and from rome to port on the 16. i am looking for someone or couple to share the cab on either day if anyone is interested. i am traveling on costa majica. will also use stefano for trip back to airport from end of cruise.

dear traveller, i will be using stefano sat morning at 8 to go from airport to rome. maybe he can help you after he drops me off. approx charge and i don't want to speak for him but i think it is 115 e from rome to port. his website is romecabs@yahoo.com hope this helps. he seems very professional and personable.

In September (2004) we contracted with Bob's Limo's bob@romelimousines.com for transportation for 4 from Civ. to Rome with drop off at 2 hotels (Cavalieri Hilton & Holiday Inn). Total quoted us was 160 Euros cash (4% charge card surcharge), not incl. any driver tip, but inc. tolls, etc.

This was dropping us off at 2 different hotels. Bob's an American living in Rome for about 20 years, and has a website, romelimousines.com .

He was on time for our debarkation in Civ. and the van was clean and the driver personable and the ride safe. However, he didn't know where the Holiday Inn was. Maybe it's just a different culture over there but here in the US I expect my private car service to research my destination when it's a public place like a hotel and know where they're headed! After we dropped off the 1st couple at the Holiday Inn, I asked if he knew how to get to the Cavalieri Hilton (one of the better hotels in Rome) and he applied "of COURSE!" I'm not sure if he thought the Holiday Inn was too commonplace for him to know where it was or what. And, after the 1st couple departed the van, he was very personable to us and wanted the opportunity to take us to the airport the following day (we had already booked with Val) but I just felt like we made a mistake selecting that company to begin with so I didn't want to consider using him again.

Archived