Shark alley snorkel trip belize

Snapette

I think it is a flat $200 for the half-day for up to 6 people. In other words, it costs the same for 6 as it does for 2. So yes, your husband can go along and just enjoy the ride and scenery! Caveman puts food in the water and the rays and nurse sharks come in droves --- we just climbed down the ladder and were surrounded by many of both! Caveman did not get out of the boat at this location, but that worked fine! He then moved the boat nearer the reef and he guided my husband to see many things --- I stayed in the boat for this part. I had back surgery in December and knew I'd slow them down.

I was only brave enough to go for the half day. If you are on Carnival at least, and those are the times from Carnival, that is ship time. For example, we debarked starting at 8:00 SHIP time, which was 7:00 BELIZE time. That was fine, as that gave us an hour to tender over --- it's maybe 15 min or so? --- and walk to San Pedro Water Taxi -- maybe 5 minutes. Their first water taxi to Caye Caulker is at 8:00 BELIZE time. Make sure you confirm times; Belize is sometimes the same as US Central time, but because they don't observe Daylight Saving Time, it was an hour off. I just didn't want to have to worry about getting there and doing a full day tour and making the water taxi back and then the ship's tender.... it was stressless for us!

Thank you to everyone for the information. My DH has put his foot down on flying or taking a water taxi to the ray and shark excursion. He said either we take the cruise line excursion or one that will pick us up at the port and bring us back to the port. I think I am going to book with Belize Adventures. They have good reviews on TA.

Good luck!!! We just couldn't get a minimum number...just the 2 of us. The water taxi we took, though, is right beside where people were getting on other private charters. Just fyi.

Reno3. Ivar Marchand finally responded to me. If you are interested he is charging $550 for a private charter. It's a flat rate. He will also pick you up from the port and bring you back. My DH has balked at the price so Caveman Tours it is for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good luck!!! We just couldn't get a minimum number...just the 2 of us. The water taxi we took, though, is right beside where people were getting on other private charters. Just fyi.

Thanks, I haven't contacted them yet. I hope we can go with others, there are three of us, maybe two if DH doesn't go.

Reno3. Ivar Marchand finally responded to me. If you are interested he is charging $550 for a private charter. It's a flat rate. He will also pick you up from the port and bring you back. My DH has balked at the price so Caveman Tours it is for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is a little expensive for my pocket for 2 (maybe three of us). I haven't given up just yet ;) I have time. Please come back and let us know how your excursion went.

Edited by reno3