GOING, GOING, GONE! SUMMIT 1/28/05

der93711

I am truly sorry to beat this old horse dead again and again, but have to vent about the "deal" Celebrity offered for the cancelled sailing. It could have been a pretty good deal with the guarantee price and the extra credit for the room but the dates just won't work for us. We tried to beat the horse again and again and asked for the February 7, 2005 sailing and were denied ten times over. They just won't budge and the prices for the Feb. sailing has gone up $$$$ over what we could have gotten when we booked the January sailing. Our luck. Celebrity just does not care about our personal lives...so be it. We are off to Tahiti on the Tahitian Princess next January. What has everyone else done?

Der

RCCI Song of Norway 1982

RCCI Viking 1991

Princess Crown 12/93

Galaxy 11/98

Princess Crown 12/00

Summit 1/03

Summit 1/04

Tahitian Princess 1/12/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;1;12;21;1;00&timezone=GMT-1000

We took the deal for Zenith. 14-day JAX to W Carib. Fortunately the dates worked out for us. Would have been nice if they'd offered a wider array, or at least offered the $200 credit on other cruises. But since we get some ports, esp Panama, that we'd been looking at anyway, I cannot complain personally.

Der, please tell us about your Tahiti cruise when you return. I envy you.

When our cruise was cancelled, Constellation 11/27, we had offers that dwindled to reimbursing us for our airfare cancellation fee only and, I have no idea if we will get that.

But back to Tahiti...we have looked at Tahiti cruises and would love to go on one. Two Celebrity cruises would equal one Tahiti...maybe I should stay home and save up!

Celebrity offered 'price protection' -- in other words, the exact price we'd booked originally on Summit -- plus $200 cabin credit for one of three sailings(Summit in late Feb & mid-March, Zenith on 30 Jan); OR one could book Millie in late Jan at today's rate + $200 credit + 25% off future cruise. For the Zenith sailing, this meant significant price reduction for us, so we took it since we'd been looking at that itin anyway.

MSUSIGMA

We chose the Tahitian Princess. It is for 10 days and will cost about 5000 including air from Los Angeles and a two day precruise. You can do it for less if you choose different accommodations. Everything I have heard about the Tahitian Princess seems to be good, so why not go for it as Celebrity could not help us. We feel we are not getting any younger and you need energy to go to Tahiti. Not sure if January is the month for Tahiti but we have no choice in our months for travel.

Der

RCCI Song of Norway 1982

RCCI Viking 1991

Princess Crown 12/93

Galaxy 11/98

Princess Crown 12/00

Summit 1/03

Summit 1/04

Tahitian Princess 1/12/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;1;12;21;1;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Der, though it is a long way off...I look forward to hearing your review on your Tahiti cruise. Our TA had 3 couples who went a year ago, if I recall correctly it was $3,000 each and included airfare. I can't recall which cruise line. According to our TA they loved it. From Michigan I thought that was a good price.

It's great to have a cruise to look forward to!

Mary

Archived