Celebrity Infinity TransAtlantic October 13, 2014

My partner (Scott) and I will be on the Celebrity Infinity Trans-Atlantic voyage sailing out of Harwich England on October 13th, 2014. This will be my first crossing and my second time aboard Celebrity.

Scott has done the crossing many times but I'll be the newbie on this one.

Give a shout if you'll be on this crossing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Great to hear from you... What part of FL? We have family in Nokomis and Ft. Walton Beach area. We are from St. Louis. We met in 1996 - married in NYC last summer. We are both in our early 70's... you??

Scott and I have been together since 1989 (25 years). We are 8 years apart in age, Scott is 49 and I am 57. We live near the intracoastal in North Fort Lauderdale after 20 years on the family owned ranch. My biological father disinherited me last year and we have moved on with our lives. We've had to give up all of our horses, cows ... everything; but we are making the best of it.

See you aboard!:)

• 3 weeks later...

We will be joining you on the TA from Harwich to Ft Lauderdale.

I am Glenn from DC and will be with Billy from Alexandria, VA. This is my third TA and Billy's second. We took one last fall (on the Connie)and met a great group of guys. Hoping to do the same.

Do you know if tere are any meet ups planned?

Glenn

We will be joining you on the TA from Harwich to Ft Lauderdale.

I am Glenn from DC and will be with Billy from Alexandria, VA. This is my third TA and Billy's second. We took one last fall (on the Connie)and met a great group of guys. Hoping to do the same.

Do you know if tere are any meet ups planned?

Glenn

Hi Glenn:

Have not heard of any kind of meet ups yet. This will be my first TA and my partner has done many (without me:mad:) so he is the pro. It would be nice to meet others aboard but if this "Roll Call" is any indication, it looks like this sailing will be light on FOD's.

We'll have a good time no matter what!

• 3 weeks later...

I am already sure that Scott told you that you will likely enjoy the TA. It is a great environment to get to know people and just relax and enjoy what the ship has to offer. Sorry to read about your family issues. It is a shame that these issues still arise. Let's hope that the next generation will have an easier time.

In prior TAs, Billy and I have met other guys at the Martini bar - it was not posted as a FoD meeting -- just being at the bar at 7 PM or so seemed to work. And it is a fun place to grab a drink, if you imbibe. And, most people were of a similar age there -- 40s to 50s.

Glenn

I am already sure that Scott told you that you will likely enjoy the TA. It is a great environment to get to know people and just relax and enjoy what the ship has to offer. Sorry to read about your family issues. It is a shame that these issues still arise. Let's hope that the next generation will have an easier time.

In prior TAs, Billy and I have met other guys at the Martini bar - it was not posted as a FoD meeting -- just being at the bar at 7 PM or so seemed to work. And it is a fun place to grab a drink, if you imbibe. And, most people were of a similar age there -- 40s to 50s.

Glenn

Scott and I both cracked up about your "imbibe" question!!!:p We imbibe very well!

Scott has indeed told me about the glorious TA's. Being finally able to say "next month" is making it very exciting. We are definitely ready.

How old are you guys? 40's - 50's as well?

See you next month!!:)

I am Scott's age -- 39 again x10. Billy is of a similar age -- it would not be polite for me to share that information publicly! As we are truly ageless, we usually like to keep people guessing.... though the occasional Seinfeld quote is usually a dead giveaway of my age. Well, that and the thinning and graying hair and miscellaneous body aches that pop up unexpectedly. But, that is what massages are for . . .

I am Scott's age -- 39 again x10. Billy is of a similar age -- it would not be polite for me to share that information publicly! As we are truly ageless, we usually like to keep people guessing.... though the occasional Seinfeld quote is usually a dead giveaway of my age. Well, that and the thinning and graying hair and miscellaneous body aches that pop up unexpectedly. But, that is what massages are for . . .

Still light on the FOD (roll call anyway) for this cruise it seems but that won't interfere with my relaxation, food consumption, nap time and Martini time at all! :p

Hi Guys

For some reason I missed this roll call. We are Peter and Paul from NYC and Fire Island. We have been together for 31 years and finally married in NYC three years ago. For some reason both the main and this Roll Call is light for this crossing, yet most of the cabins are sold out. We are booked on the Eclipse as well for a T/A in April 2015 and there are more than double the posts

We both love the T/As and do two a year, spring to Europe and Fall back, always on Celebrity. I think we may be surprised at the number of folks at the 7pm nightly gathering of the clans at the Martini Bar. The T/As are always popular and the large number of Germans seldom appear here

We will be flying over on BA on Oct 6 and spending a week in Brighton on the south coast that is very Gay

Hugz to all

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Guys

For some reason I missed this roll call. We are Peter and Paul from NYC and Fire Island. We have been together for 31 years and finally married in NYC three years ago. For some reason both the main and this Roll Call is light for this crossing, yet most of the cabins are sold out. We are booked on the Eclipse as well for a T/A in April 2015 and there are more than double the posts

We both love the T/As and do two a year, spring to Europe and Fall back, always on Celebrity. I think we may be surprised at the number of folks at the 7pm nightly gathering of the clans at the Martini Bar. The T/As are always popular and the large number of Germans seldom appear here

We will be flying over on BA on Oct 6 and spending a week in Brighton on the south coast that is very Gay

Hugz to all

Peter

Hi Peter:

I started this roll call back in June and it never caught on very well. I (Tony) have been conversing with you on the other roll call and have enjoyed your commentaries and information.

We too are doing the Eastbound TA in April 2015 on the Connie. I see you guys are on the Eclipse. I think I started a roll call for the Constellation on the G&L boards as well.

So close now ... can't wait!:)

Thanx for the welcum !!!! Cannot wait, all is set except for our Lisbon lunch reservation which they will not take until a month before. Remember that Celebrity will allow you to take two bottles of wine on for cabin consumption

We are lucky as we are Elite so get showered with drink coupons, free laundry and internet ( if it actually works ) I do hope you guys are on either Select or Late Dining so that you can attend the nightly gathering of the Clans in the Martini Bar

By the way, good idea to visit the dining Room after you board to check on your table. A visit to the Maître D' with a request for a "Table with just Gentlemen" made with a discreet offering of a $20.00 bill works wonders !!!! We are on late dining with a reserved table for two. 14 days is an awful long time to put up with unsuitable table mates !!!!!

We are in 3180 in case you want to contact us

Mega Hugz

Peter

Good idea Peter. We usually see the Maître D' soon after boarding but with select dining will we be able to have the same table every night? I'm not too worried because we will probably be able to request a table for two each night if we want.

We usually eat at Lido restaurants or specialty restaurants on 7 day cruises, but I think I'm going to try to be pampered a bit on this cruise. When Scott and I first started cruising we always at in the MDR and always secured a table for two. Since we are now 25 years into this trial commitment we don't shy away from conversation with others as we used to (that was my fault, I'm borderline anti-social, not by choice). Scott jabbers like a monkey so he's fine in any environment. :rolleyes:

Yes in select, you can reserve a specific table for a specific time. Actually they like you to this and it avoids the line

Actually, as we are married, I always introduce Paul as my spouse, it is for others to sort that one out. !!!! I never made the thing a secret in the NYPD and was at the 6th Pct which is the Command for the Village, most Officers were Gay there.

We close Fire Island next week for the winter, sad, but we have had a wonderful season here.

We are in touching distance from the trip, the countdown is now on. Cannot wait for Monday Oct 6 for the BA flight to lift off from JFK. Maude and Lilly will have been collected in their luxury doggie limo earlier for their trip to Connecticut

Mega Hugz

Peter

I think that you will find the food in the MDR excellent. So good that we have not felt the need to go to the specialty restaurants for our last two T/As. I am afraid the QSINE is off limits for my diabetes as everything is stuffed with sugars. The Olympic stuffs you with heavy French food from the last century, they have never heard of light cooking. Bistro on 5 is good, but alas crepes are carbs and morph into sugar for me, so that too is off limits.

We do visit the buffet at 6pm for a plate of sushi. We have breakfast in the MDR or the Elite private breakfast. Lunch either in the MDR or one of their fabulous burgers on the pool deck

Looking forward to snails every night !!!

Mega Hugz

Peter

I think that you will find the food in the MDR excellent. So good that we have not felt the need to go to the specialty restaurants for our last two T/As. I am afraid the QSINE is off limits for my diabetes as everything is stuffed with sugars. The Olympic stuffs you with heavy French food from the last century, they have never heard of light cooking. Bistro on 5 is good, but alas crepes are carbs and morph into sugar for me, so that too is off limits.

We do visit the buffet at 6pm for a plate of sushi. We have breakfast in the MDR or the Elite private breakfast. Lunch either in the MDR or one of their fabulous burgers on the pool deck

Looking forward to snails every night !!!

Mega Hugz

Peter

I'm really looking forward to the food onboard although on a 15 day I will try not to eat my own weight's worth each day!

I was unaware of the sushi ... and we love sushi so thanks for that info! :) I wrote down all the ships' restaurants but I don't remember seeing Olympic. I saw SS United States but I think the Olympic is only on the Millennium.

Time is on our side now! :D

You are right, on this ship

It is the United States, still do not want to be stuffed like a goose for my pate !!!

We love our six pm sushi ritual, as we get into warmer climes we take it out to the open deck behind the buffet

Hugz

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
Wooo Hooo!!! We are now single digit days away from sailing! I am soooo ready for this cruise that it's almost non-describable! :)

Now calm down otherwise you will give yourself a stroke. Just pop a Xanax

Hugz. Peter