Free Wireless??

lcdsp911

Let me put my two cents in. I sure hope no one gets offended. Instead of worrying what to do to use your phone everyone should just forget they have a phone while they are on vacation and put their selves on vacation mode. Just forget about work and home and enjoy the cruise. Everything will be waiting for you when you get back home. That is why you booked a cruise in the first place to get away from it all.

It's easy to sit back and judge others for trying to stay connected. But some people leave small kids at home with grandma or have elderly parents to be in touch with. Cut em some slack!!

If you have an ipod or other device that will connect to the internet' date=' consider taking that into port.

We always put our phones in the safe, and take our ipod into port to check email and facetime with family back home. Its always worked well for us and we don't have to worry about data charges. My MIL emails from her Kindle when traveling internationally.

If you purchase something at Dunkin Donuts in Nassau, they will give you the internet code.[/quote']

I'm the opposite. I'm always extra sure I have my phone in port. You never know when you're going to see a car accident, heart attack, or other emergency and will need to call 911 (or 999 or 000 or whatever they use). Or if we're off doing our own thing and have a rental car break down or something, it'll be good being able to call for help.

iPhones are easy. Go to settings / Cellular and turn off cellular data. That leaves your wifi connected. If you are in airplane mode, you can't use wifi.

An iPhone can be used in wifi mode when airplane mode is activated. Once you turn airplane mode on, select wifi to find a network.