Celebrity CONSTELLATION / Oct 2 - 2014

HLR

Hello!

Just booked the Celebrity Constellation sailing out of Istanbul on October 2nd, 2014.

Any other Gaysters booked?

Any suggestions? [yes, I know that Pied Piper is going the sailing before, but it doesn't fit my schedule...darn!]

HLR

• 3 weeks later...

Hello ... We are on the same cruise. It was a great deal and we have wanted to visit the Blacksea.

We live in London and will get in to Istanbul in the evening the day before.

No idea on the tours in the Blacksea Ports. We know Greece and have things we want to do.

So far looks like 3 of us .... but who knows.

Carlos & Neil

Well Yea! I was so excited when I was notified of a message this morning on here!

I fly into Istanbul that morning and return right after...I usually like to fly the day before but it just didn't work out that way this time. I have been to Istanbul twice before and the Mediterranian ports, but not the Black Sea ports. What are your plans in Athens? I've been there twice also...seen the major sights...

Howard

Well Yea! I was so excited when I was notified of a message this morning on here!

I fly into Istanbul that morning and return right after...I usually like to fly the day before but it just didn't work out that way this time. I have been to Istanbul twice before and the Mediterranian ports, but not the Black Sea ports. What are your plans in Athens? I've been there twice also...seen the major sights...

Howard

Hello Howard. Sorry slow reply have been away for a few days. Great so now we are three. We will get in to Istanbul the evening before, then no worry about flight delays - lots of flights from London so not a problem -.

We have been to Istanbul before so know our way around. Like you the Black Sea is new to us, the reason we took the cruise. Athens and Mykonos are well explored places as we have been in Greece many times (I worked for the Greek Airline at one time).

As I work out our plans, will keep you posted, I am reading up on the Black Sea ports which I know little about. We both like seeing the sights in places and at lunchtime find a local restaurant for lunch to try the food and wine with the local people.

Great! I'll look forward to hearing about what your plans might be. It's still a wee while away...but I am searching around Athens and Kusadasi, etc...to see if there are any "off the beaten path" things to do/see...

If you would like to take this off the forum I can be emailed at HLR9 @ Verizon dot net. Might be a good idea...

Howard

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Howard. Sorry slow reply have been away for a few days. Great so now we are three. We will get in to Istanbul the evening before, then no worry about flight delays - lots of flights from London so not a problem -.

We have been to Istanbul before so know our way around. Like you the Black Sea is new to us, the reason we took the cruise. Athens and Mykonos are well explored places as we have been in Greece many times (I worked for the Greek Airline at one time).

As I work out our plans, will keep you posted, I am reading up on the Black Sea ports which I know little about. We both like seeing the sights in places and at lunchtime find a local restaurant for lunch to try the food and wine with the local people.

Did you guys disappear?

Howard

• 1 month later...
Myself and a gay couple (Ralph & Fred) from Mississippi will be on-board on October 2nd. Looking forward to see you all.

Hello Guys ... Welcome, look forward to seeing you on the ship. Sorry no responce before just got back from another cruise.

Seems we are six so far so should be fun.

Not long to go.

Carlos & Neil

Myself and a gay couple (Ralph & Fred) from Mississippi will be on-board on October 2nd. Looking forward to see you all.

Hi all! I too just got back from a long weekend visiting family [immediate family...not "Family"] in Colorado. I'm excited that more people are turning up on here! I got a message from the Meet Me On Board website that a single fellow was going to be on the ship...I messaged...but got no response.

So what are "YOUR" plans for ports?

So far I am on two private tours off another roll call thread on here: Burgas and Trabazon. Most interested in finding more in the Black Sea portion of the cruise...

Howard