Keep Allure or switch to Getaway $$

I will also be posting this on the Norwegian board.

Our family is considering switching our Allure cruise to NCL Getaway. There will be three of us sailing DH (30) Me (30) DS (11). We have been excited about the Allure and all it has to offer and KNOW we will have a fantastic time. However, the Getaway will be about $1100 cheaper. Our previous cruises have been with Carnival on the Splendor and Inspiration, so we understand both of these will be a step up from what we have have experienced in the past. I am wondering would the $1100 price difference sway you to the NCL GA or would you stay with the Allure? Which has more family activities, compare kids clubs and food/service? Does one have more kid friendly shows than the other (comedy/magic, etc)? My son likes to stay active at all times and is not impressed with kid's clubs that aren't active outside of the "playroom" area.

Thanks for all your help!:)

Western or Eastern? The Getaway has one more port on the western itinerary

Based on your experiences it sounds like you would be happy with the NCL Getaway. That is a significant savings. But - The reviews for the new NCL ships are mixed, and the reviews for Allure are positive. If you were not planning to cruise again in the near future I would recommend staying with Allure.

Once you sail on the Allure you may not want to sail on the Getaway. If you do sail on the Getaway you would still have the Allure to look forward to - (provided you can find a price you like).

Getaway is smaller than Freedom class, but will have more people on board. Allure is 50% larger than getaway and has more for everyone to do and see.

Bottom line - you would have fun either way - but you have to make the most out of your vacation. The Allure is less about the itinerary - and its own "port of call".