Please help with Denali itinerary

Familygirl814

Hi! We have one full day n Denali on July 13. We have tickets for the shuttle to wonder lake.

Traveling with party of 8: husband and I (early 40s) daughter and boyfriend ages 22, daughter 10, son 12 , and my parents (young active 60s)

WHERE should we get off and stop? What will we have time for? Out tickets are for 9:15 am to 9:15 pm

Should we go to wonder lake first? THEN the visitor center on way back?

Can anyone please suggest a rough itinerary keeping in mind I can't see my folks doing a 5 mile hike around wonder lake.

Thanks so much!!!

I know that others will provide more details on where to stop, but I've heard that you want to go all the way in so that you're sure to be able to get seats. Especially since there are not many buses all the way to Wonder Lake.

My father and I turned around at Tolkat River because we were there early in the season and it was as far as the shuttles were running. We had took a half hour or so walk on the road before getting on our return bus.

I've heard good things about the trails around the Eislen (sp?) Visitors center.

Enjoy!

Hi! We have one full day n Denali on July 13. We have tickets for the shuttle to wonder lake.

Traveling with party of 8: husband and I (early 40s) daughter and boyfriend ages 22, daughter 10, son 12 , and my parents (young active 60s)

WHERE should we get off and stop? What will we have time for? Out tickets are for 9:15 am to 9:15 pm

Should we go to wonder lake first? THEN the visitor center on way back?

Can anyone please suggest a rough itinerary keeping in mind I can't see my folks doing a 5 mile hike around wonder lake.

Thanks so much!!!

You are talking about 90 miles. :) There is no place that is uniform for people to stop and wander etc. Do it, where you want, what looks good to you. Yell stop, and get off the bus. You go back to the road, and wait on the side of the direction you want to go, and get on a bus with available seats.

It can work out well, especially with a large group, to ride it all the way out, then get off the bus upon the return, after Toklat, you then have three bus routes you can get. You probably will have problems getting a random bus with that many open seats. I suggest you split up otherwise you could be waiting for a long time, looking for 8 open seats. Especially now, in season, buses are full.