Which mega ship Epic or allure?

goobz

I noticed that RCI allure is going to western med in 2015. We are planning a land sea trip next year. Family with kids want try one of the larger ships for the cruise portion of the trip. The other consideration is the NCL epic. Anyone been on both and have an opinion?

I noticed that RCI allure is going to western med in 2015. We are planning a land sea trip next year. Family with kids want try one of the larger ships for the cruise portion of the trip. The other consideration is the NCL epic. Anyone been on both and have an opinion?

Personal opinion only here, and you didn't say what the ages of your kids are, but although I've not been on Allure (going to Med in 2015), I have been on her sister ship, the Oasis which is pretty much the same, and I've been on the Epic recently as well. I would definitely say the Oasis. Besides, the wonderful children's program they have, if you use that, there is a ton of things to do. The Epic had the slides and other things, and they have the children's program, but when we were on, it seemed more geared to the young adult 'party' group, especially around the pool deck area. Also, we never felt crowded on the Oasis anywhere, ever ... not so much with the Epic. We always get a JS and the cabin on the Oasis was much more comfortable than the comparable cabin on the Epic. We didn't like the cabin set up on the Epic very much. We were fine, but if I had a choice I would not choose the Epic over the Allure. Whichever you choose ... Happy Cruising! :) That's just my 2 cents! :)

I would say Epic. I have been on both and both are very nice ships, you will have a wonderfull time on both. I liked the food better on Epic and The Blue Man Group are one of the best shows I have seen. I liked the water slides better then any of the perks on Allure (the pools, the zip line.. I didn't try the flowrider.). I cruised with Epic in the Med in 2011 & Allure in the western caribbean in 2013.

Sailed the Oasis once - Epic 3 x times........

The Epic had a lot more family-oriented evening entertainment, restaurants, and a broader range of Age-Oriented activities for the "Under 21" cruisers

We did the Epic and the Allure back to back 6 months ago. The Epic was our favorite by far. We have a DD9 and she had much more to do on the Epic. Maybe if you have older teens, the Allure would have more to offer. We love the slides on the Epic. The entertainment is outstanding on the Epic(IMHO). While the Allure is an amazing ship to see - once we were done marveling it's uniqueness - we couldn't find much that we actually wanted to do. Our DD9 rode the carousel twice(that was enough for her), she was too small for the zipline and flowrider. I know people rave about all there is to do on the Allure, but we just didn't have that opinion. We've been on the Epic 3 times - definitely our favorite ship so far(we just returned from B2B Carnival Sunshine and Breeze).