Freeport: Family of 9

Riffle6

Hello friends!

We will be travelling to Freeport in September. Any ideas of inexpensive things to do in port? We've read that a taxi is a must for this port, which can be quite pricey for the 9 of us. Are there any additional transportation routes; i.e. public buses or water taxis?

We love sightseeing but with the costs of taxing around, this may end up being a short walk around port & then a day on the ship.

Any tips would be great! :)

Thanks so much!

This is an industrial port so a taxi or private car is the only transportation available. They do have a few shops and Senor Frogs at the dock. If you spring for a taxi and get off at the marketplace, there is a free beach just past the police station.

Freeport Harbour you have to catch a tour bus or taxi to get to the main part of town regular buses are not allowed in. There is some shopping around and Fat Tuesday and Senor frogs. What I would suggest, I live in Freeport, see if you can get a DIY tour to port Lucaya. It is the major area for tourist and has a public beach area lots of shopping and food.