Duck Tour vs Super Duck Tour

cmlv150

Hello, I am looking for any information anyone might have on the possibility of touring the Newport houses in Rhode Island. We will be staying in Boston for three nights at the beginning of October and were wondering if there was a tour available from the city that would take us to Rhode Island?

Thanks

I am sure there are. You can buy tickets to visit any number of the cottages. Some have a theme, some have reenactors some just a tour(some have where I broke my ankle at Marble House). Its actually a relatively short drive of under two hours...You can also rent a car.

http://www.newportmansions.org/

I am sure there are. You can buy tickets to visit any number of the cottages. Some have a theme, some have reenactors some just a tour(some have where I broke my ankle at Marble House). Its actually a relatively short drive of under two hours...You can also rent a car.

http://www.newportmansions.org/

Thank you so much :)

Lol. Sorry for the confusion. My original question was regarding Newport Mansions and then I found the info online - but you cannot delete a thread - so I edited it to ask another question regarding our Boston trip. Meanwhile as I was editing it - someone had already responded. It's not your age - just my lack of tech abilities.

Christine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, this is confusing, or is my age showing. :o

What about the Duck or Super Duck tour?

you can see the original question in my response( I quoted it)...then it became a question about the Ducks. quack quack. BTW you can ask the moderators to remove a whole thread you started. by clicking the red explanation point in a triangle and asking them.

Super Duck Tour: http://bostonsupertours.com/

Duck Tour: http://www.bostonducktours.com/

Hopefully these are the ones you're comparing? If so, the difference is that the Duck Tour is the real thing, in WWII era amphibious vehicles. The Super Duck Tour is some sort of imitation in some sort of modern bus.

Boston Duck Tour (the second URL) is the one that has colorful and interesting tour guides with lots of stories. It's the one that everyone raves about.

Check the reviews for both tours on TripAdvisor and decide for yourself.

Go with the original Duck tours. They get much better reviews than the super ducks, and each "duck" has its own theme, which makes it seem more personal. Their pick up locations are much more convenient and you will save time not having to travel to Charlestown. Book a few days early to make sure you get the time you want. Be prepared for not much legroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Go with the original Duck tours. They get much better reviews than the super ducks, and each "duck" has its own theme, which makes it seem more personal. Their pick up locations are much more convenient and you will save time not having to travel to Charlestown. Book a few days early to make sure you get the time you want. Be prepared for not much legroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much!!

Christine

Always planning for my next cruise...