Bingo

Rikiw111

Okay I keep hearing on various posts that bingo is a waste of time and money AND that it is a rip off! I am not a big bingo player, but thought I might try it once or twice. What is the cost and what are the possible payouts? Are there a lot of people who play? (going on Carnival Pride if that makes any difference). Thanks...Riki

I love to play bingo, but on the ship, it is a rip-off. If I'm remembering correctly....for one card, the price is $10. You can get a strip of three cards for $20. They only play one game. The prizes vary...I'm looking at my Capers from Destiny last May.....one prize was $700, one was $1000, and, of course, they do give away a free cruise on the last day. Someone does win, so it's not a rip-off for the winner. However.....doing the math.....if 300 people play (which I think is a realistic number, since they usually have the game right before a show so there are lots of people there) and multiplying that by $20, that's $6,000!! And the prize is only $1000??? Big rip-off!! But, I must admit....I do play the cruise giveaway, though!!

At some point on the cruise they have a game that you use the same cards for 10 games - but the payouts aren't great - they start at $100.00 and go up by $25.00 a game. You can buy 1 card for $10 or a strip of 3 for $20

Archived