Megabus to and from Manhattan

dvdgunner

Hi has anyone ever taken the Megabus from Western New York to Manhattan for a cruise. I am showing a roundtrip fare of $44 per person! Crazy cheap. It would arrive in Manhattan 630AM the day of our cruise and leave the day we get off at 11:59. Just worried about the luggage policy of 1 bag per person!

• 2 months later...

I love Megabus when I'm going to Manhattan, not sure I'd use it for a cruise. In addition to the 1-bag policy, you are going to have to get from Midtown to your cruise port. Also you are going to have to get from your cruise port to Megabus' pick up site, which is by the Javits Center.

When I ran the numbers, it made more sense to me to drive my own car, but I only had a 4 hr drive.

Cost of parking for the 10 day cruise is $400! Cab from megabus drop off at 28 &7TH is $10.00. We are taking the train home from Penn Station. We would have taken the train there as well but it was cutting it to close for embarkation thus the decision to take megabus. We have done the megabus before to and from NYC and i would agree it isnt the most comfortable way to travel but when you are on a budget and would rather spend the money on shore excursions im sure it will be fine. Airfare for 3 plus taxi to and from JFK would have been $800 so my $187.50 saves over $600! Mr cheap!

Yikes! I'm guessing that is the Manhattan Cruise port? I was looking to go out of Bayonne, where the parking is only $19/day, and the cab fare is a LOT more. If Manhattan is twice as much I'd probably reconsider.

Edited by Pony Player

We are going on NCL gem out of midtown manhattan parking is $40 per night! On top of that about 700 miles roundtrip of driving and around $125.00 in gas! Now you can see why we took the cheapest route! Last savings we have free parking while we are gone at the train terminal which is right by the megabus pickup spot in buffalo!

I did Bolt Bus from Baltimore to NYC after the Pride for $52 for two. Amtrak early booking wanted $184 for two. The cab from pier to Bolt Bus was $12. Got off by Javitts Center and a cab was dropping someone off, we hopped in and $40 to Brooklyn.

I would have taken the subway but DW was too tired.