Craft beer on carnival ships sailing from Florida

Lynandgio

Just saw this article and now im even more excited for my Aug 22 cruise!!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/07/14/carnival-to-serve-cigar-city-craft-beer/12627089/

Any craft beer lovers here?

We're super stoked about this, too! LOVE Cigar City (although I'm a little surprised their two most popular beers - Jai Alai and Maduro Brown Ale - weren't the choices Carnival made), and couldn't be happier for the brewery. Great people making great beers. This will definitely enhance our Cheers! program purchase.

I too am excited to see some craft brews aboard Carnival. I'm far from being a beer snob - I do still enjoy the "swill" offered up by the macro breweries, I like expanding my Horizons and trying different brews. I can't wait to try these beers onboard :D Now if I could just figure out how to get some of my homebrew on the ship ;)

We asked up on lido, but no one knew about these beers until we got down to the Red Frog Pub on deck 4 (Breeze). Emmanuel did not have them, but he went over to the Ocean Plaza bar and found them for us there! Great service!! The Florida Cracker was our fav :-)

We asked up on lido, but no one knew about these beers until we got down to the Red Frog Pub on deck 4 (Breeze). Emmanuel did not have them, but he went over to the Ocean Plaza bar and found them for us there! Great service!! The Florida Cracker was our fav :-)

How much was each beer ?

I'll have to look at our charges at home lol we are driving home still...almost there. Bill thinks they were $4 or $5. The Pale Ale Invasion was actually a stronger tasting beer imho. Served in cans :-) Glass optional (not on tap).

I'll have to look at our charges at home lol we are driving home still...almost there. Bill thinks they were $4 or $5. The Pale Ale Invasion was actually a stronger tasting beer imho. Served in cans :-) Glass optional (not on tap).

That is about what I thought.Thanks for the info.

Hopefully they will still have them on board when we get on the Legend or her 13 day repo....one would think they would stock up on twice as much for a cruise with double the days!If you are a beer lover I strongly suggest you come over here to the UK then take a short break in Belgium and Germany.

I never forget the time we had a holiday in Ostend, Belgium and the pub next to us had a menu of over 500 real beers...my liver suffered for a short while :D.