Has anyone had a bad experience with Randi Happy Horses?

MAN86

Don't forget the bug repellent!!!
Really?? - I don't recall a single bug!! - guess that goes to show everyone's experience is a little different. You are sure right about the shrimp - I can't imagine ever finding better anywhere in the whole world!! Jayna K

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I suspect that more than once instance of bolting has to do with a rider who had little real riding experience, but styled himself or herself as an 'expert'.

L11:

I am no expert and stated that clearly and more than once on the ride. Unfortunately for me, the horse was quite lively and bolted.

I have to say it was quite frightening and the horse outran the group and I went flying off. I injured my shoulder badly.

Randi was very helpful and had ice brought to me while I waited for a taxi she ordered to take me back to the ship.

Accidents happen and I met many kind people. Please make sure you are understood. There can be a language barrier.

I do remember reading one review that was more negative, but it seemed it was more a case of the poster expecting something a little more "upscale". In other words, were disenchanted with climbing in and out of water taxis, the casual atmosphere at the restaurant, etc. I could be mistaken, I'm paraphrasing a post I read a long time ago, but everything else I've read has been overwhelmingly favorable. We're booked on the tour in two weeks! Can't wait!

We took this tour in Jan 05 >I have to say this was probly the most fun I have had in a long time . My DD she was 3 at the time had her own horse and Maria was wonderful to her was there with her the whole time ..Since then I have heard Maria has had her own child so may not be there at this time but she was wonderful.. My husband and oldest son had opted to do the deep sea fishing so missed out on th e horseback riding ...Boy were they bummed to hear what a great time we had and there fishing boat broke down in the middle of the sea..

Well we are going back in 2 weeks and that is the first thing DH told me to book is the horsback riding with Randi...We cant wait... And yes at first I was a little aprehensive getting on a truck,going to a fish market with tons n tons of pelicans (thought they were going to attack)riding a little water taxi..But this ended up being one of the most informative excursions we have been on .. And for my children to get to see this and experience it first hand I think it puts a better perspective on there outlook on life..Maybe it has taught them not to take everything we have for granite I know it has for me..SO if you are one of those people that dont like to get dirt under your nails this wouldnt be for you ..BUT if you love to live life and enjoy taking in new experiences by all means take this tour..Randi is very knowledgable listen to her experiences in life ..Have fun and enjoy I know I did and will again in 2 weeks cant wait......

Archived