A few questions for Tauck River Cruisers

cruiserfromalabama

We will be doing French Waterways tour with Tauck in a few weeks and trying to get some planning done! Did anyone doing this tour use their AT&T cell phones and was it easy to add the phone plans for European travel? Is there an alarm clock on the ship? How is the wifi on the ship(I have an ipad mini)? I hear that Tauck usually does little extra surprise treats on their trips-do they? Does the ship have washcloths(in all our European land trips found that most hotels don't)? Do they restock the rooms with toiletries(trying to decide if I should carry my own shampoo)? Should I bring my own umbrella? Sorry to bombard with questions, but new to river cruising and Tauck! Thanks for any help!

We will be doing French Waterways tour with Tauck in a few weeks and trying to get some planning done! Did anyone doing this tour use their AT&T cell phones and was it easy to add the phone plans for European travel? Is there an alarm clock on the ship? How is the wifi on the ship(I have an ipad mini)? I hear that Tauck usually does little extra surprise treats on their trips-do they? Does the ship have washcloths(in all our European land trips found that most hotels don't)? Do they restock the rooms with toiletries(trying to decide if I should carry my own shampoo)? Should I bring my own umbrella? Sorry to bombard with questions, but new to river cruising and Tauck! Thanks for any help!

I can answer some of your questions. I can't remember if I had Verizon or AT&T at that time but I think they can easily switch international service on and off as long as your phone is capable. I don't know about wifi. I sent email over my phone to touch base with folks. But I am on email 24/7 when I'm home so I use vacations to detach. Tauck does provide special treats. They were nice and unexpected. There was a washcloth. They replace the toiletries and they were nice. They did have umbrellas on board. I brought my own small umbrella as well. Tauck works with Scylla (Swiss company) who operates and manages the boats and services on the boats. It's a world class organization and they have the same values as Tauck. I'm a big fan of Tauck, been on 5 Tauck tours internationally as well as the river boat trip. We did the French Escapade trip from Monte Carlo to Paris. it was awesome. We intend to do more riverboat trips and I believe Tauck is excellent value and worth the price.

Although your concerns have been addressed, I would also add that the shore tours, entertainment (usually performers from port stops), food and other amenities are all "first class". Tauck is worth the expense when choosing a river trip.