Anyone stayed at the Hampton Southcenter in Seattle?

Dizzneefan

Our trip is not until next June but will include two days pre- and one day after cruise. We are in the process do selecting a hotel, reading reviews, etc. but I wondered if anyone here has stayed at the Hampton Inn Southcenter and would share your experience.

It was recently reviewed on the WEST COAST DEPARTURE forum (which is probably where this thread will be moved).

Look on the first page for a thread called something like 'precruise seattle hotel/shuttle review'.

Just keep in mind that it will take about an hour to get to Seattle for sightseeing when you factor in the hotel shuttle to Light Rail, then Light Rail to downtown is 40 minutes.

If you haven't made a firm decision yet , I give the Hampton Inn Downtown a big thumbs up. We stayed there pre-cruise a month ago for three nights and it is a wonderful location. Very nice neighborhood with several restaurants witihin walking distance. The Space Needle and additional attractions around Space Needle is an easy 5-10 minute walk. At the Space Needle you can catch a 5 minute monorail ride into the heart of the downtown area , and from the station it's a 5-10 minute walk to Pikes market and the waterfront.

The hotel itself is very nice and the staff was great. We had a standard room and it was very spacious , modern , and clean.

Southcenter is a bit far from downtown and isn't the nicest area of Seattle .. the only thing in southcenter is a big shopping mall .. but it got shot up a few years back .. I'd probably recommend something closer to the city..

I agree with the poster who said south center is quite a distance from downtown and not the nicest area to stay in. Something in the downtown, waterfront or Queen Anne neighborhoods would be better, although they will be a bit pricier.

Here is the review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2074901

Seattle hotels are pricey; I completely understand why people stay near the airport or southcenter and use Light Rail to reach Seattle. Easily saves $100. That's why the Sleep Inn is so popular on this forum ... you can't beat the price. But the trade off is spending an hour each way for the commute.

You might want to watch the PRICELINE Sticky at the top of the West Coast Departures forum ......