Can you add people after booking?

jb456

HI,

Were thinking of a last min sept cruise and booking for 3 people.

A forth might want to join later on.. If we have already paid for 3 people can we call Carnival and ask them to add a 4th person into the room?

Would the price be higher? or would the price come out to what it would have been if we booked 4 people at once (depending if price did not change from booking to calling them)

Thanks

Technically, yes you can add a person later but there are circumstances where it wouldn't be allowed.

You'd have to be sure you were in a 4 person room already or that a 4 person room is still available.

Also, even if you are in a 4 person room they ship could still be at or near capacity so it wouldn't be allowed.

These issues have a higher potential of coming into play since you say it's a cruise in Sept. I'd call right away if you want to add a 4th person for the greatest chance of success.

Technically, yes you can add a person later but there are circumstances where it wouldn't be allowed.

You'd have to be sure you were in a 4 person room already or that a 4 person room is still available.

Also, even if you are in a 4 person room they ship could still be at or near capacity so it wouldn't be allowed.

These issues have a higher potential of coming into play since you say it's a cruise in Sept. I'd call right away if you want to add a 4th person for the greatest chance of success.

I guess that if we decide on Carnival selecting the room. That we should not go this route?

From what you have said it sounds like the best way to confirm all will be ok is to just wait on their decision and book 4 at once. I think that's a better option as this way we can book 2 rooms.

Thank you for the info! I appreciate it a lot. It's all you fine people that make a newbie cruiser feel more comfortable and informed:)

Edited by jb456

I guess that if we decide on Carnival selecting the room. That we should not go this route?

From what you have said it sounds like the best way to confirm all will be ok is to just wait on their decision and book 4 at once. I think that's a better option as this way we can book 2 rooms.

Thank you for the info! I appreciate it a lot. It's all you fine people that make a newbie cruiser feel more comfortable and informed:)

If you are going to do a GTY room I'd definitely make sure it'll be 4 before booking. I thought I read they didn't allow GTY for 4 but I'm not positive.

If you are going to do a GTY room I'd definitely make sure it'll be 4 before booking. I thought I read they didn't allow GTY for 4 but I'm not positive.

Would this be something that their website would tell me when doing a mock booking?

When I select 4 people and go through the steps it gives me the option that says "Save by letting Carnival choose your room"

Going to call them to confirm...

I didn't have 4 people in my room, but when I booked July 2012 for my cruise in April 2013 it was only me. I was told I would be able to add someone to the room for the taxes & fees of the room as when I booked it was for only me so I only paid taxes. I added the 2nd person in Feb. But they did say if the boat sold out even though my room is based on 2 people that there would possibly be a chance that I wouldn't be able to add.

So I would for piece of mind - book when you for sure know weather the fourth will be able to go.

I didn't have 4 people in my room, but when I booked July 2012 for my cruise in April 2013 it was only me. I was told I would be able to add someone to the room for the taxes & fees of the room as when I booked it was for only me so I only paid taxes. I added the 2nd person in Feb. But they did say if the boat sold out even though my room is based on 2 people that there would possibly be a chance that I wouldn't be able to add.

So I would for piece of mind - book when you for sure know weather the fourth will be able to go.

The odds of being at capacity are slim, but if it is, you cannot add someone to the cabin even if there is an empty bed. Capacity is capacity.