Help please - transport options Newark Airport into NY

Nell Gwynn

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else, I've tried searching and just got myself more confused.

This will be our first trip to NY. Our flight arrives at Newark from UK around mid-day and we are booked to stay a couple of nights at the Hudson. What are our options for travel from airport to hotel and how much should I expect to pay? Should I book online ahead? There are two of us travelling and we don't have any disabilities.

I'm also needing some advice on how to get from hotel to Cape Liberty on Sept 11 - Is travel on that date tricky?

Do you mean the Hudson Hotel on W. 58th St?

The easiest inexpensive option is to take the airport bus (http://www.coachusa.com) outside the terminal baggage claim area to Port Authority bus terminal for $16/pp and a cab to your hotel (guessing no more than $10-15).

To get to Cape Liberty you need to book a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo (not a cab) or take level access public transit - cab to the PATH entrance next to JC Penneys on 6th Ave between 32nd and 33rd St, PATH to Hoboken ($2.50/pp), Hudson Bergen Light Rail to 34th St in Bayonne ($2.10/pp), and call a cab to the port ($10-12).

Bayonne City Yellow Cab

201-339-5000