What's good near La Concha for b-day dinner?

sweetlove13

If you're looking for something upscale, I can recommend Pikayo in the Condado Plaza Hilton. The chef is local, and well known outside of PR. They have (or at least had) two different chef tasting menus - one standard and one PR focused. My wife and I each picked one, then shared each course. Fabulous.

Another good one is Budatai. It's a great restaurant for Asian fusion, but if you're looking for PR style cuisine, this is not the place. There are some hints to PR cuisine, but it's more of a PR twist to Asian cuisine.

Finally, our go-to restaurant when we're in SJ is Ropa Vieja. Not as upscale as Pikayo or Budatai, but the food is excellent and they have a good, and reasonable, wine list. While it's lower key than the other two places, it's still a very nice place, and you would not feel uncomfortable there dressed up if you were so inclined. And it's definitely PR focused.

All of these places are just down Ashford from La Concha.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Whenever we are in San Juan we go to Waikiki on Ashford. (Waikikipr.com). It looks plain from the front but we have had great meals each time and can't wait for our upcoming cruise to go back! Also, (at home) I am not one to eat outdoors, but if you go there, eat on the deck. It's beautiful with the water rolling in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you're looking for something upscale, I can recommend Pikayo in the Condado Plaza Hilton. The chef is local, and well known outside of PR. They have (or at least had) two different chef tasting menus - one standard and one PR focused. My wife and I each picked one, then shared each course. Fabulous.

Another good one is Budatai. It's a great restaurant for Asian fusion, but if you're looking for PR style cuisine, this is not the place. There are some hints to PR cuisine, but it's more of a PR twist to Asian cuisine.

Finally, our go-to restaurant when we're in SJ is Ropa Vieja. Not as upscale as Pikayo or Budatai, but the food is excellent and they have a good, and reasonable, wine list. While it's lower key than the other two places, it's still a very nice place, and you would not feel uncomfortable there dressed up if you were so inclined. And it's definitely PR focused.

All of these places are just down Ashford from La Concha.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Isn't Pikayo the same chef as Budatai? We've eaten at both Budatai and Ropa Vieja, and enjoy both. Budatai is right across the street from La Concha. We need to try Pikayo.