Eastern Caribbean: Plan my excucrsios

hawaiikat

Aloha,

We are on the Conquest in November. I am traveling with my young adult children, 18, 19 and 21. They want to ride horses, jet ski, parasail and ATV. Ports are Grand Turk, St. Thomas, San Juan and Nassau. Any suggestions on private or ship tours?

• 2 weeks later...

If it's your first time, in San Juan and Grand Turk, just go outside of the cruise terminal and catch a tour bus. In San Juan there will be a bunch of guys there trying to fill there busses. Go with the one that is the best talker and has the fullest bus. They won't start their tour until the bus is mostly full. I think it was $20 last fall. It takes you all over San Juan and shows you and tells you about historic stuff. They stop long enough to take pictures most places. They take you back to the cruise port, but I got off up at the fort to explore. Then I walked back down the hill through old San Juan. I wanted to see the architecture. It's very cool. I still had lots of time, so I went to the trolley stop near the pier (stop #1) and then rode the trolley around Old San Juan for free.

At Grand Turk, I just got off the boat and went out to the shopping area. There's a kiosk that offers different things. I took a bus tour of the island for $20. They wait for enough people to fill the bus, but you get to see everything on the island. I got off at Governor's Beach and spent the rest of my day there. They have good facilities there. You could walk back to the pier from there, but I caught one of the busses when it came through. The come by pretty frequently.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oops, I forgot what you asked about. They have ATVs on Grand Turk. That might be the place to do that, as the whole island can be seen by ATV. For my peace of mind, I never para sail or zip line outside of the US, so if it's possible to do that in Puerto Rico, I'd go that way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on Grand Turk twice on our B2B in July (it was the only duplicate in 8 stops). Both times we rented scooters from Tony's Rentals. We had a great time and went all over the island. Our kids are 16 and 19 so more or less in the same age range.

Since the first half of the B2B was just the two of us (the kids joined us for the second cruise), we laid down a treasure hunt with clues hidden all over the island during our first stop on Grand Turk. Then when we came back 4 days later with the kids, we just gave them the first clue and followed them around.

Both times, we ended the day at a beach called Columbus Landfall. There was a small restaurant there, though we just ordered some cokes.

Edited by T. Advisor King