Has anybody received a new pasport since the "Passport computer system meltdown"???

tmcon01

I am cruising the carnival dream may 24 2015. Can you tell me if balconly room #6286 is a bad room number, so i can change it now? Please inform which one to get? Thanks

I looked it up on http://www.cruisedeckplans.com and it looks like a good cabin. You would be right above the shops, so it would be convenient to run down one flight of stairs to the action. It should be quiet. I would book it.

• 3 weeks later...
Oh my, good luck to you!

We applied yesterday for ours. They pointed out that our birth certificates (neither, from different states) have our parent's names and that could mean a rejection. Since we never have time to go get the application submitted, we went ahead and submitted it and I will order new "long form" birth certificates to be ready to go once they send a rejection letter. I didn't expedte since it seemed pointless with a probable rejection.

Update... Rob got his passport a week ago and I got mine Tuesday the 23rd. So for mine, it was just short of 6 weeks, but I had a couple week delay due to waiting for my long form birth certificate. That was the biggest dissappointment, how long it took Knox County TN to process that request. Ours went through the New Orleans center. Oh yeah the picture thing was just an error. I called them and they said just ignore that part of the rejection because it was fine. So, if you have a complete application, it would maybe be done in 4 weeks...

So glad to have them! Now on to the travel!

I applied for my passport on 9/6, passport office received it on 9/8 checks cleared on 9/11. When I applied I had to pay an extra $150.00 to do a file search since I was born in Casablanca, and didn't have proof of citizenship (original docs were damaged in Hurricane Katrina) any who, I received an email today 10/2 with tracking info stating my passport is on its way. Yay!!! Cruising in 25 days!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I mailed in my renewal on Sept 19 and received my passport today.

Based on that we should be receiving ours in another week or so since we mailed ours Priority Mail on Sept 25. Checks cleared the bank on Oct 3rd.

I'll be relieved to have our passports in our hands again.