Dream's Aft Balconies

KLD1019

I posted this in a different thread, but figured it might get over looked, so im making its own thread.

Next year, we'll be on the Dream. We have plans for a cove balcony, after having a regular balcony on the Magic and falling in love with a friends cove. But, here recently, the aft balconies have peaked my interest some! Normally, id never consider anything other than something midship, but the pictures alone of these rooms/balconies are amazing.

So, id love to hear everyones pros/cons on them. whether they be extended aft or premium vistas (im liking these more). in my semi rookie cruising knowledge, the one con that sticks out is because they're aft, and the movement of the ship is felt more. but i could be totally wrong :o

also, pictures anyone has to share would be very much appreciated!!

We sailed the Dream on July 27th and we had three aft ext balconies on Vista deck 9, staterooms 9478, 9481 and 9479. In regards to location, I couldn't have asked for a better room for our family. We were just below the aft pool and when we needed a quick drink it was close. Also, if we were hungry then the back buffet was right there. If was perfect in that aspect. As for motion, we didn't notice any worse here than other places on the ship. As a matter of fact we felt it was less than anywhere else. Each evening at dinner in the Crimson dining room we always felt tons of motion.

The view? HoLY CoW! I was amazed at the view from the balconies!!

The only negative? These rooms never cooled down enough for me personally. My dd and her bf said that on the last night their room was cold. Ours just.never got that way.

I know that I would take almost any room available just to be able to sail the Dream again, but I sure did love those rooms and would book again if possible and budget allowed again.

We sailed the Dream on July 27th and we had three aft ext balconies on Vista deck 9, staterooms 9478, 9481 and 9479. In regards to location, I couldn't have asked for a better room for our family. We were just below the aft pool and when we needed a quick drink it was close. Also, if we were hungry then the back buffet was right there. If was perfect in that aspect. As for motion, we didn't notice any worse here than other places on the ship. As a matter of fact we felt it was less than anywhere else. Each evening at dinner in the Crimson dining room we always felt tons of motion.

The view? HoLY CoW! I was amazed at the view from the balconies!!

The only negative? These rooms never cooled down enough for me personally. My dd and her bf said that on the last night their room was cold. Ours just.never got that way.

I know that I would take almost any room available just to be able to sail the Dream again, but I sure did love those rooms and would book again if possible and budget allowed again.

Thanks for this! we're booking it within the next 3 weeks, so i/we need to make a decision! Do you have pictures?

I told DH about them and said "they're a bit more" (just didnt tell him how much more LOL) and he said "no". then i showed him a youtube of someones Dream aft wrap balcony and he said "hm!". it seemed to peak his interest as well, but didnt say anything other than that! only problem is that there's only a few of those, compared to other balconies!

as for the cooling of the room, we were on a regular balcony on the Magic and the AC SUCKED!!

I can post tomorrow if that's ok? I'm in the process of writing a full review and I was hoping to get everyone else's pictures, but it looks like I will just go ahead with mine.

thats fine! i look forward to reading it!