9-day Explorer of Seas Oct 2014 questions

tripkat

Hi all,

Getting ready to book a Grand Suite on the Explorer of the Seas 9-day Bermuda/Caribbean cruise for Oct. 23 of this year for our 30th anniversary. I've been on EOS twice in the past staying in a junior suite and have a few questions:

- Is it likely that Oct. 23 will find Bermuda too chilly for snorkeling? I'm assuming that the Caribbean ports will be fine.

- Would it be too much time lost if we attempted to get to Tobacco Bay with the ship in port from 8am to 4pm? Would we be better off heading to Elbow Beach or Horseshoe Bay?

- I hear that the EOS just went into dry dock. Anyone know when it's coming out of drydock? Might I be in trouble if dry dock takes longer than originally thought? Also, any information on what specifically is being spruced up during this dry dock?

- As a suite guest, is it true that one gets access to the cabanas on Labadee? Is there a cost? Do they need to be reserved?

- Are there any perks past suite guests can share that they've particularly enjoyed?

Thanks to all who take the time to respond.

Have a great day,

Kathy

Hi all,

Getting ready to book a Grand Suite on the Explorer of the Seas 9-day Bermuda/Caribbean cruise for Oct. 23 of this year for our 30th anniversary. I've been on EOS twice in the past staying in a junior suite and have a few questions:

- Is it likely that Oct. 23 will find Bermuda too chilly for snorkeling? I'm assuming that the Caribbean ports will be fine.

- Would it be too much time lost if we attempted to get to Tobacco Bay with the ship in port from 8am to 4pm? Would we be better off heading to Elbow Beach or Horseshoe Bay?

- I hear that the EOS just went into dry dock. Anyone know when it's coming out of drydock? Might I be in trouble if dry dock takes longer than originally thought? Also, any information on what specifically is being spruced up during this dry dock?

- As a suite guest, is it true that one gets access to the cabanas on Labadee? Is there a cost? Do they need to be reserved?

- Are there any perks past suite guests can share that they've particularly enjoyed?

Thanks to all who take the time to respond.

Have a great day,

Kathy

You will get an email from the Concierge about a week before your sail date asking if you want to book a Cabana.

Barefoot Beach Cabanas are $175 and Beach Cabanas at Nellies are $225 for the Hillside & $250 for over the water.

All the perks that come with a GS and above are good. Since I am D+, we get most, not all of them, already.

You will get an email from the Concierge about a week before your sail date asking if you want to book a Cabana.

Barefoot Beach Cabanas are $175 and Beach Cabanas at Nellies are $225 for the Hillside & $250 for over the water.

All the perks that come with a GS and above are good. Since I am D+, we get most, not all of them, already.

Thanks for the information. I'm wondering why the cabanas on Nellie Beach are more expensive than those on the suites-only Barefoot Beach. Are their locations nicer (i.e., hilltop and over the water)?

Thanks for the information. I'm wondering why the cabanas on Nellie Beach are more expensive than those on the suites-only Barefoot Beach. Are their locations nicer (i.e., hilltop and over the water)?

Yes, the locations are what sets the prices of the cabanas.