Getaway cabin 9230 - above outdoor decks

whitewhale2

Hello! We booked cabin 9230 on the Getaway... from what we can tell from maps it is right above the outdoor eating decks and the mojito sugarcane bar... anyone have a room like this before. We are trying to decide if it will be to loud to be out on the balcony or if the noise will keep us up at night. Any help you can give us would be great. Thank you!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
We have this cabin booked for a sailing in 2 weeks, how was the noise level?

In this cabin, the bed is next to the balcony door, and the couch is central. It is over the Mojito Lounge, which had live music every night, but it was always done by 11 or 12 at the very latest I believe, so, not a problem for me. There seems to be an air duct in the wall that would whistle if the balcony door was opened some, which is how my wife likes to sleep. No good for me, I had that side, ha! And sometimes I heard light knocking noises from it as well. The key? Always bring your earplugs on a cruise! :D

Enjoy your cruise, we had a great time.

In this cabin, the bed is next to the balcony door, and the couch is central. It is over the Mojito Lounge, which had live music every night, but it was always done by 11 or 12 at the very latest I believe, so, not a problem for me. There seems to be an air duct in the wall that would whistle if the balcony door was opened some, which is how my wife likes to sleep. No good for me, I had that side, ha! And sometimes I heard light knocking noises from it as well. The key? Always bring your earplugs on a cruise! :D

Enjoy your cruise, we had a great time.

I have a 9 year old and a 4 year old coming...done by 11 or 12 is concerning! Although they do like to sleep with a fan on for white noise, perhaps I'll just bring a portable fan with us...

Thanks for the info! Our first cruise and we're looking forward to it!

I have a 9 year old and a 4 year old coming...done by 11 or 12 is concerning! Although they do like to sleep with a fan on for white noise, perhaps I'll just bring a portable fan with us...

Thanks for the info! Our first cruise and we're looking forward to it!

Glad to help, enjoy!