Comment on Price Drop and a Question

I've booked two cabins on Adventure for next winter. I did this a few months ago on the BOGOHO sale. When I saw the new sale (friends and family sail free) I thought I'd check regarding a price reduction. One cabin has two adults and one child, the other two adults and two children. I called Royal and got a very nice rep. She looked at my reservation for three and said the price had actually gone up. Then she looked at the cabin for four and told me it went down $110.00 I was happy getting this. After getting a new invoice I saw that I also got a $100.00 OBC. So, it was worth the call.

Now for my question. If I order the soda package for children and a birthday cake for me, do I pay when I order, does it go into final payment, or is it reflected on my bill on the ship? Does anyone know?

I've booked two cabins on Adventure for next winter. I did this a few months ago on the BOGOHO sale. When I saw the new sale (friends and family sail free) I thought I'd check regarding a price reduction. One cabin has two adults and one child, the other two adults and two children. I called Royal and got a very nice rep. She looked at my reservation for three and said the price had actually gone up. Then she looked at the cabin for four and told me it went down $110.00 I was happy getting this. After getting a new invoice I saw that I also got a $100.00 OBC. So, it was worth the call.

Now for my question. If I order the soda package for children and a birthday cake for me, do I pay when I order, does it go into final payment, or is it reflected on my bill on the ship? Does anyone know?

Any extras you purchase (beverage packages, excursions, specialty dining, etc.) on Royal's website are charged immediately.

Edited by clarea

Thanks for the quick reply. Since the cruise is 6 months out, I'll hold off on ordering.

If you needed to cancel online purchases you will get a full refund if it is within their timescales for cancelling (can't remember what these are - sorry)