April 12, 2016 sydney to perth w new zealand

Hi,

Need advice.

Im interested in a 16 night sydney to perth on royal. Any thoughts on the weather at that time? Its the last avail cruise for the season, but our window to travel is april / may...hence the interest. Multigenerational family here.

How long is the flight from perth to brisbane?

From brisbane do we drive to gold coast, or fly in from perth to gold coast, then drive to brisbane. Our possible flight out will be brisbane.

Thanks

Not sure if you can fly Perth to Gold Coast

About 4 hour flight usually red eye is what I do

Cruise is a good one on voyager it seems

It doesn't move a lot any way

Should not be too bad but bass straight can get nasty anytime of year

I would grab it

Done it many a time and a couple on voyager

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did Perth to Sydney via NZ a couple of years back during March, and the weather was rather nice. It is pretty mild in NZ even in winter from our experience there for land trips in September also. The days we were in ports were pleasant and the seas days could be a bit colder, but the areas around the ship are kept comfortable and the pool area seemed pretty sheltered (but we aren't pool people). Around the bottom of Aus was pretty pleasant mostly too. Look at it now, late winter and we are having gorgeous sunny days in southern country NSW.

You can get some very hot weather in Aus in summer, and I found it more pleasant weather for that trip than the heat and humidity of South Pacific during Feb. You do need to take a couple of warmer layers but while April is a month later, I would certainly recommend you consider that trip at that time.

Edited by goodycruising

Hi,

Need advice.

Im interested in a 16 night sydney to perth on royal. Any thoughts on the weather at that time? Its the last avail cruise for the season, but our window to travel is april / may...hence the interest. Multigenerational family here.

From brisbane do we drive to gold coast, or fly in from perth to gold coast, then drive to brisbane. Our possible flight out will be brisbane.

Thanks

Nice cruise...Syd, Wellington then South Island inc sounds then across to Melb/Adel/Freo. on the 130,000t Explorer of the Seas.

We have done the NZ cruise 3 times (4th in Dec) and I have found weather later in Summer can be more reliable.

Bit confused about your reference to Gold Coast...airport there is regional..although there are some flights into/ex Asia. From Perth there are direct flights to Brisbane (4.5hrs) - you can fly to Gold Coast, but only via Melbourne or Sydney (8+hrs)

If you are looking at flying ex Perth on 28th April 16 to Brisbane remember the 2 hrs time difference. You could perhaps get the 12.35 Virgin Flight that gets to Bne Domestic at 7.00pm local. If you are departing for overseas (Phillipines ???) You then need to tfer to the International terminal which means with customs/immigration and everything else you could not be looking at a flight with a departure time that was earlier than 9.30pm. :confused: Only earlier flight ex Perth is at 7.35 am which you would never be able to catch.

You might have to consider an overnight stay.

cheers

Thank you flipper!

Ive got my geography wrong, i thought gold coast was in brisbane. Thanks for pointing this out.

My kids want to go to gold coast after the cruise, so we will have to fly to melbourne or sydney??

Will plan to stay in perth a day or two post cruise, then fly to where gold coast is nearest, then fly out to manila from either sydney or melbourne where phil airlines fly direct.

Thanks for giving me confidence on the time period...

Gwen

Gold Coast is an hour and half from Brisbane by bus or car

Can fly to Gold Coast just not sure if it's direct from Perth is all

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok! Thanks! Then fly to brisbane, drive to gold coast, and fly home from brisbane.

Perfect!

Hi,

Need advice.

Thanks

Perth to Sydney is a great trip. You will enjoy it. I have done it on Radiance. And I did it as a three generation trip.

Perth to Brisbane is a direct flight - about 4 hr and around $300. There are flights all day so you don't have to do the red eye.

Then drive to Gold Coast. (there are so great packages for the theme parks if that's why the kids want to go there).

It will be a great holiday.

Raina