Ship Miracle - DVD player hook up question...

randys

Somehow I think that moving furniture and attaching an extension cord is different from totally changing how the electronics on a tv set functions.

If I was in a hotel on land I wouldn't do that and so I wouldn't do it at sea either.

We have been in hotels where it appeared that the tv didn't work. After playing around with it we realized that someone had changed the settings but had not returned them to their original configuration.

Hopefully you folks who do all this stuff so that your own equipment will work will have the courtesy to put things back the way you found them so the next cruiser can use it easily.

I travel every week for work. I'm in a hotel litterally half the year. I carry the Samsung bluetooth dongle with me so I can stream dish network from home through my phone to the tv, and I never rebook hotels I cannot do it with. I completely understand the request, and many hotels on land openly allow it. And i always put it back how it was

Edited by pbsteve

I think, too, that sometimes having dvds handy for any kids that are brought along could be a life saver.

Kids are not too picky, if they really want to watch something - they'll be happy to watch it on a tablet or laptop screen. I can see where it's much more convenient for adults to not have to crowd around a small screen, though.

I travel every week for work. I'm in a hotel litterally half the year. I carry the Samsung bluetooth dongle with me so I can stream dish network from home through my phone to the tv, and I never rebook hotels I cannot do it with. I completely understand the request, and many hotels on land openly allow it. And i always put it back how it was

i use connectify to use netflix and hulu in hotels but have direct tv and wasnt sure how to use their system like you have

i use connectify to use netflix and hulu in hotels but have direct tv and wasnt sure how to use their system like you have

I don't think direct tv works like dish. I essentially have remote access to my reciever, live recorded doesn't matter I can watch anything as if I were at home. The dongle is just a reciever so whatever is on my phone screen shows on the tv.