Shore Excursions in Bali

bruceh4

I will be on the Amsterdam in Bali in November and am looking for suggestions for a shore excursion. I hope that this thread is seen by the dynamic duo of slinkie and grumpy! I observed your pictures from the last world cruise and was interested in the Water Temple and which optional trip that was. One of my options is "Tenganan & Water Palace" the other is "Barong Dance and Mt. Batur". Both of these trips encompass a Water Temple but I dont know which one I am looking for.:confused:

Thought I heard someone calling.... Yes, Barong dance and Mt. Batur is the tour we took. It included the water temple... aptly named that day because it poured rain the whole time we were there... and also stops at an art gallery, a woodcarver's gallery, and a fabric/clothing shop. My Slinkie Girl was disappointed... no stop at the jewelry gallery.

Just beware of the VERY aggressive vendors that will mob you when you get off of the bus at Mt. Batur and at the pier. They can be very "in your face" and do not understand the meaning of a polite "no thank you". I've been told that these are mainly Javanese and not the Balinese people, who are known to be warm and friendly people.

Hi Grumpy and also DeltaC,

Thanks for your quick response and I will book the Barong Dance and Mt. Batur tour. Grumpy I looked at all your pictures from the world tour and they looked great. Thanks for posting them. It looks like they really spruced up the Prinsendam just before the World Cruise. We were on it in December for the Amazon cruise and I knew that they were going into dry dock prior to the World Cruise.

Archived