Celebrity Reflection Transatlantic April 11, 2015

lilghallinsf

We have an active roll call on the regular boards and don't see one on the LBGT boards. This past April no one responded to my posting, but there were plenty of gays on the trip including someone I knew from San Francisco that I didn't know would be there. I thought it would be nice to have a board for "gay" questions, since I have taken this same trip this past April.

• 1 month later...

there are always lots of homosexuals, especially on Celebrity.

There will be an FOD gathering announcement posted near the guest services desk, so visit there... and we're ALWAYS at the martini bar before late-seating dinner.

• 1 month later...

I just came off another Pied Piper group cruise - westbound on the QM2. It was a great time. A smaller group - just 20 folks, and more than half were traveling in the grill suites, so just 8 of us in the main DR.

Looking forward to a likely larger group in April.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, we look forward to meeting our fellow gay travelers on the cruise. We are a 20+ year couple in our upper 40s, and we have traveled once before on a 2 week TA cruise with Celebrity back in 2009. We met many gay travelers and had a very nice time on that cruise. We plan to attend to the FOD gatherings and meet up with folks in martini bar as well.

We have not pre-arranged any tours, but we would be open to joining some if anyone has anything already planned. We have visited most of these ports before, but Cartagena will be new for us on this trip. :)

Just a month away....:)

In Malaga, the obvious choice is Alhambra Palace and Gardens if you haven't seen that before.

In Barcelona, ships usually dock virtually at the foot of the Ramblas, and everything is in easy reach from there. It's a wonderful city to walk. Sagrada Familia is my favorite spot there, and that's easiest if you are waiting at the door when they open - so it's a fine thing to do after our overnight. It gets busy, as do the Gaudi apartments. The Hop-on hop-off bus is a great way to do Barcelona.

On a previous Celebrity cruise stop in Tenerife we did the 4x4 Tenerife Adventure Tour which took us up to the high elevations. We thought it was a great hald day tour and nice way to see the amazing diversity of the geography of Tenerife. Climbing through the cloud forests and then being above the clouds in the desert was quite beautiful and fun.