Deluxe Stingray City or Coral Gardens & Stingray Sandbar excursion?

HollandAvery

We will be going to Grand Cayman...but I'm not sure which excursion to pick. One is $20 more...but what I'm wondering is it worth the extra? Deluxe Stingray City is the cheaper but I'm unsure if they include snorkeling at all...I went a long long time ago to Stingray City and I remember snorkeling before, but I'm not sure which excursion we had taken. I want to snorkel and see some cool stuff in the reef and I'd like a fair amount of time with the rays as well.

So for those who have experience either/both of the excursions -what is your opinion?

Stingray City Deluxe ($49 a person)

Coral Gradens & Stingray Sandbar ($69 a person)

Edited by HollandAvery

I know this isn't one of your choices, but, have you considered Stingray Sailing. They are fabulous! They meet you right at the pier. You will be on a gorgeous catamaran with 20+/- people instead of herded onto a large boat with elbow to elbow people. Also, the quality of the equipment will make a big difference in you experience. Stingray Sailing has great gear. We had aa awesome day!!!

I know this isn't one of your choices, but, have you considered Stingray Sailing. They are fabulous! They meet you right at the pier. You will be on a gorgeous catamaran with 20+/- people instead of herded onto a large boat with elbow to elbow people. Also, the quality of the equipment will make a big difference in you experience. Stingray Sailing has great gear. We had aa awesome day!!!

I haven't heard of them but I will definitely look into it! Thanks! :)

It does sound nice to not be stuck on a crowded boat and to have better equipment!

The boat is absolutely NOT crowded. We have been on 100+ excursions - this is not one of our family's favorite. Top notch from star to finish.

" not one our family's favorite "

Why, when the rest of your posting would indicate otherwise?

my cousins just came back from a cruise and did stingray city with a company called "stingray city united"... it was $50 per head, which is a little more than the others, but when i saw the photos i was amazed...

they got brilliant photos of the family with:

the stingrays

tarpons

iguanas

birds

they said the stingray trip also had a National Geographic photo tour included...???

the kids can't stop talking about it... definetely the highlight of their cruise...

hope this helps