Snorkelling advice please

2nd trip to the Caribbean in February and would love to try snorkelling this time. In the past I have had problems with my ears and am worrying that I might rekindle the problem if I try it. Do ear plugs do the job for anyone with similar problems please?

I have the same problem with my ears, getting water in them causes me grief for days.

I always use the yellow earplugs that you roll up to squeeze, then pull the upper back part of your ear backwards and insert, (not too far) let go of your ear but hold the plug in place with your finger until it expands.

They work a treat and can be re-used a few times before they lose the elasticity. I wash them, then leave them to dry out overnight, storing them in an old 35mm film canister.

I find the ones that are tin can shaped work better than the shaped ones you can get. The shaped ones are too soft and easily fall out. The ones I use are called E-A-R classic.

yes...the problem is that that lovely white powder fine caribbean sand does find its way into your ears....especially if you are snorkelling in the shallows (rather than on a reef)...ear plugs will help

i use a product called 'ear calm' (from boots) its basically vinegar...really helps to keep your ears clear