Concerned about Tunisia port of call

Zebradogs

I don't know why you think a cruise line is responsible for telling you what to wear? Surely at your age you are old enough to choose yourself. When I visit a country where the culture is very different from my own, then I make sure I know what is expected of me and dress/behave appropriately.

The last time I visited Egypt there was a tour group of Russians at Hatchepsut's Palace and some of the young woman were wearing very short shorts (and stiletto heals!) and wondering why they were getting a lot of attention.

On another note: many places you will be turned away from if not dressed appropriately (mostly churches, mosques or other places of worship). Why go half way around the world to see a place and then not get to because you are not dressed appropriately. A very small amount of research will guide you how best to NOT "get mean stares from the locals"

I was a teen during the late 60's - early 70's (that reads how you think it does) and have a VERY open mind about pretty much everything. But I do get frustrated at tourists who have the mindset that its their vacation and they can wear whatever they want. I guess yes you can but you will not be happy with the outcome. It is, after all, their country and their customs and their rules.

AND, as an almost 59 year old blonde (yes and gray hair too) I too stand out in most places. But ONLY because I am blonde and NOT because I am dressed inappropriately ………

again to suggest this is a place to skip because you had a bad experience due to your indiscretion is well, just wrong. I will forget your comments after this post :eek: