POA 11 day cruisetour

Lorey2007

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to everyone for your postings. I have been spending so much time figuring out our shore excursions that I didn't think too much about the cruise tour portion until last night. Your posts helped clear up some confusion I had. Thanks!!

Thanks for all the postings everyone....so much great information. I am curious about embarkation day. I read we are dropped off at the pier about 3:30...did it seemed rushed? Also, I read on another thread that if you were on board during the afternoons, that the food venues were closed??? Any thoughts ?

I would like to know too how long it takes to get on the ship. We have a Meet and Greet at 3:45 pm so we will be rushed. I would think that the food venues would be open or at least one place to grab a bit before we go for dinner in the evening.

Also, does anyone know if the lava flowing on the Big Island will affect our tour to the Volcano?

We will be staying at the Marriott too and I want to know of some places to get a fast, good breakfast close by because we start our tours early.

I would like to know too how long it takes to get on the ship. We have a Meet and Greet at 3:45 pm so we will be rushed. I would think that the food venues would be open or at least one place to grab a bit before we go for dinner in the evening.

Also, does anyone know if the lava flowing on the Big Island will affect our tour to the Volcano?

We will be staying at the Marriott too and I want to know of some places to get a fast, good breakfast close by because we start our tours early.

I have in my notes that I have been compiling that there is a Burger King across the street or next door and a McDonalds about a block away.

Gaelic-123 please come back here to this thread when you return from your sailing so we can ask you some questions.

Edited by Lorey2007

I have in my notes that I have been compiling that there is a Burger King across the street or next door and a McDonalds about a block away.

Gaelic-123 please come back here to this thread when you return from your sailing so we can ask you some questions.

We just got off the POA. Boarding was quick and painless, even though we got there very early. It was definitely a madhouse after us, around noon or so. It seemed to die out around 3 though and we noticed it was a slow trickle of folks coming in after that.

Drop bags, security check, obligatory picture, official check in with NCL staff, then up a couple of escalators to another picture (sigh) and you're on.

Thanks for all the postings everyone....so much great information. I am curious about embarkation day. I read we are dropped off at the pier about 3:30...did it seemed rushed? Also, I read on another thread that if you were on board during the afternoons, that the food venues were closed??? Any thoughts ?

No, if anything the last day seemed more leisurely than the 2 days before. Once they drop you off at the pier you go through security and get into the preferred check-in line and zip right through. They already have your picture and paperwork from the hotel check-in.

Can't say for sure on the food, we didn't look for food until dinner time.

Edited by davejohn

I think you'll be late for your Meet & Greet. It depends on which bus you're on, and how many people are in line ahead of you.

In addition to the places Lorey2007 mentioned, the Marriott has a breakfast buffet for about $26. Right in the lobby of the hotel there is a Seattle Coffee bar with a nice selection of muffins, pastries, etc. We did Burger King one morning and the coffee bar the other two.

• 1 month later...
No, if anything the last day seemed more leisurely than the 2 days before. Once they drop you off at the pier you go through security and get into the preferred check-in line and zip right through. They already have your picture and paperwork from the hotel check-in.

Can't say for sure on the food, we didn't look for food until dinner time.

On the last day what time did you check out of the Marriott and meet for the last tour?