Pre-Cruise Hotels

luvtocruise74

Agree, depends on port, but my two cents is that you'll usually find a better deal using bidding sites for hotels,(which may or may not have a port shuttle) and arranging independent transportation. For example, in Miami, most airport based hotels will provide a port shuttle for about $10 pp, and if you are downtown or by the beach, a cab is about $15. Carnivals shuttle alone from either airport was somewhere around $20pp IIRC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, also keep in mind that hotels booked thru your cruise line are way overpriced, we've paid up to $400. Per night for a room at the ships recommended hotel, you can get a taxi to the pier terminal much cheaper LOL.....but it depends on if it's a domestic or international port too, and your comfort level in your port city.....here's a nightmare story:

We know this couple, very nice folks who booked a HAL cruise Rome round trip to see the Normandy Beaches, she was worried that no one would speak English in Rome so she changed her flight from Texas to Rome to arrive the day they boarded the ship, while they were sitting in their plane on the Tarmac in Chicago with engine trouble their cruise ship departed Rome....so they had to stay in Rome for two days waiting to fly to their ships first port LOL.....moral to the story, be brave, go outside your comfort zone safely and see the whole world!

Alice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I looked on the website and couldn't find anything. I was wondering if Carnival has the option to book a pre-cruise hotel stay through them that would include transfer to the ship.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, Carnival does offer that.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/packages/packages.aspx

But you might do better on your own.

Thanks again for your input. It would probably be from the Port of Miami. I have noticed that on the current cruise I have booked though. It would be cheaper to book a room through the hotel and pay $10 or whatever for the transportation they provide instead of get it through the cruiseline.